Subject: "Suggestion: change Nexus so they can actually help the ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63507
Show all folders

QuixoticFri 29-Apr-16 09:27 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
837 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63507, "Suggestion: change Nexus so they can actually help the Outlander cabal."

In my experience as both outlander and a member of the Nexus, it was very rare for a nexan to be in a position where he could extend help to an outlander unless things were so imbalanced direct aid would be suicide. I recognize that is because the mud skews chaotic even when there are no outlanders awake, but

Nexus Balance
--------------
In regard to calculating order/chaos balance, weight non-outlanders, Tribunal, and Imperials less than members of those cabals.

Retrieval
---------
For purposes of retrieving the fetish from the Spire, treat Nexus as though they are outlanders--let them aid in retrievals without incurring a wanted flag.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Edited to resemble English., Quixotic, 30-Apr-16 09:31 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Edited to resemble English., Umiron, 30-Apr-16 09:35 AM, #2
     Reply Teasing about bringing back Masters = not funny. Bad U..., Doof, 30-Apr-16 10:34 AM, #3
     Reply *Jormyr quietly puts Shadow and Entropy back in the box..., Jormyr, 30-Apr-16 11:49 PM, #4
          Reply Sir, I have to ask you to hand that box over. The peop..., Onewingedangel, 01-May-16 10:49 AM, #6
          Reply c 'eyes of intrigue' box n/t, Saagkri, 01-May-16 11:30 AM, #7
     Reply All sounds pretty good to me, incognito, 01-May-16 03:49 AM, #5

QuixoticSat 30-Apr-16 09:27 AM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
837 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63511, "Edited to resemble English."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sat 30-Apr-16 09:31 AM

In my experience as members of Outlander and Nexus, it was very rare for a nexan to be in a position where he could extend help to an Outlander unless things were so imbalanced direct aid would be suicide. I recognize that is because the mud skews chaotic and evil even when there are no outlanders awake, but this tendency diminishes their ability to positively impact the cabal-wars.

Nexus Balance
--------------
In regard to calculating order/chaos balance, weight members of Outlanders, Tribunal, and Imperials more than non-members. Similarly, members of the Fortress should impact the light/dark balance more than Heralds.

Retrieval
---------
For purposes of retrieving the fetish from the Spire, treat Nexus as though they are outlanders--let them aid in retrievals without incurring a wanted flag. Or better yet, attacking the captain is not sufficient to get a wanted flag. That would allow Outlanders a chance to weaken the captain while they are getting raided, and it would allow other cabals to get involved in counterraids against the Spire.

UmironSat 30-Apr-16 09:35 AM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
#63512, "RE: Edited to resemble English."
In response to Reply #1

>In my experience as members of Outlander and Nexus, it was
>very rare for a nexan to be in a position where he could
>extend help to an Outlander unless things were so imbalanced
>direct aid would be suicide. I recognize that is because the
>mud skews chaotic and evil even when there are no outlanders
>awake, but this tendency diminishes their ability to
>positively impact the cabal-wars.
>
>
>Nexus Balance
>--------------
>In regard to calculating order/chaos balance, weight members
>of Outlanders, Tribunal, and Imperials more than non-members.
>Similarly, members of the Fortress should impact the
>light/dark balance more than Heralds.

I believe this is already the case.

>
>Retrieval
>---------
>For purposes of retrieving the fetish from the Spire, treat
>Nexus as though they are outlanders--let them aid in
>retrievals without incurring a wanted flag.

Maybe it's just because I'm a Tribunal guy, but I have a hard time rationalizing this. I guess I'm fine with the proposition that there might be consequences for Nexuns actually being good Nexuns.

Maybe we'll just blow up Nexus and bring back Master. Just kidding. Haha, I made a funny.

DoofSat 30-Apr-16 10:34 AM
Member since 03rd Dec 2009
200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63513, "Teasing about bringing back Masters = not funny. Bad U..."
In response to Reply #2

JormyrSat 30-Apr-16 11:49 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
422 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63517, "*Jormyr quietly puts Shadow and Entropy back in the box..."
In response to Reply #2

NT

OnewingedangelSun 01-May-16 10:49 AM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
#63527, "Sir, I have to ask you to hand that box over. The peop..."
In response to Reply #4

`

SaagkriSun 01-May-16 11:30 AM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#63528, "c 'eyes of intrigue' box n/t"
In response to Reply #4

incognitoSun 01-May-16 03:49 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63519, "All sounds pretty good to me"
In response to Reply #1

Although as a nexan I was willing to get wanted. Personally I'd have outlanders perma wanted too though. And to balance that I'd make it that they could see hidden tribs from within the tree.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63507 Previous topic | Next topic