Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectSuggestion: change Nexus so they can actually help the Outlander cabal.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=63507
63507, Suggestion: change Nexus so they can actually help the Outlander cabal.
Posted by Quixotic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In my experience as both outlander and a member of the Nexus, it was very rare for a nexan to be in a position where he could extend help to an outlander unless things were so imbalanced direct aid would be suicide. I recognize that is because the mud skews chaotic even when there are no outlanders awake, but

Nexus Balance
--------------
In regard to calculating order/chaos balance, weight non-outlanders, Tribunal, and Imperials less than members of those cabals.

Retrieval
---------
For purposes of retrieving the fetish from the Spire, treat Nexus as though they are outlanders--let them aid in retrievals without incurring a wanted flag.
63511, Edited to resemble English.
Posted by Quixotic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In my experience as members of Outlander and Nexus, it was very rare for a nexan to be in a position where he could extend help to an Outlander unless things were so imbalanced direct aid would be suicide. I recognize that is because the mud skews chaotic and evil even when there are no outlanders awake, but this tendency diminishes their ability to positively impact the cabal-wars.

Nexus Balance
--------------
In regard to calculating order/chaos balance, weight members of Outlanders, Tribunal, and Imperials more than non-members. Similarly, members of the Fortress should impact the light/dark balance more than Heralds.

Retrieval
---------
For purposes of retrieving the fetish from the Spire, treat Nexus as though they are outlanders--let them aid in retrievals without incurring a wanted flag. Or better yet, attacking the captain is not sufficient to get a wanted flag. That would allow Outlanders a chance to weaken the captain while they are getting raided, and it would allow other cabals to get involved in counterraids against the Spire.
63512, RE: Edited to resemble English.
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>In my experience as members of Outlander and Nexus, it was
>very rare for a nexan to be in a position where he could
>extend help to an Outlander unless things were so imbalanced
>direct aid would be suicide. I recognize that is because the
>mud skews chaotic and evil even when there are no outlanders
>awake, but this tendency diminishes their ability to
>positively impact the cabal-wars.
>
>
>Nexus Balance
>--------------
>In regard to calculating order/chaos balance, weight members
>of Outlanders, Tribunal, and Imperials more than non-members.
>Similarly, members of the Fortress should impact the
>light/dark balance more than Heralds.

I believe this is already the case.

>
>Retrieval
>---------
>For purposes of retrieving the fetish from the Spire, treat
>Nexus as though they are outlanders--let them aid in
>retrievals without incurring a wanted flag.

Maybe it's just because I'm a Tribunal guy, but I have a hard time rationalizing this. I guess I'm fine with the proposition that there might be consequences for Nexuns actually being good Nexuns.

Maybe we'll just blow up Nexus and bring back Master. Just kidding. Haha, I made a funny.
63513, Teasing about bringing back Masters = not funny. Bad Umiron! n/t
Posted by Doof on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
63517, *Jormyr quietly puts Shadow and Entropy back in the box he found them at*
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
63527, Sir, I have to ask you to hand that box over. The people need it. (Nt)
Posted by Onewingedangel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
`
63528, c 'eyes of intrigue' box n/t
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
63519, All sounds pretty good to me
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Although as a nexan I was willing to get wanted. Personally I'd have outlanders perma wanted too though. And to balance that I'd make it that they could see hidden tribs from within the tree.