Subject: "Why I'm in ROTD?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63013
Show all folders

ThatMage (Anonymous)Mon 21-Mar-16 09:42 AM
Charter member
#63013, "Why I'm in ROTD?"

At work, playing short sessions. Logging in and off (PK range is empty, lowbies). Logged off for 2-3 mins to solve something, logged back in - I'm in ROTD.

No explanation, no reaction - totally ignored. WTF? I'm positive that I didn't break any rules. If you throw to ROTD, perhaps you would be explaining why, how about that?

Or you think it's fun to be an a$$hole towards the players? Really, I'm surprised, I didn't see such immature behavior in any other games for many, many years.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply PSA on the RotD, Scarabaeus, 24-Mar-16 01:42 PM, #13
Reply Seek help. (nt), Umiron, 21-Mar-16 04:51 PM, #11
Reply Dear Umiron,, Tsunami, 21-Mar-16 05:48 PM, #12
Reply RE: Why I'm in ROTD?, Destuvius, 21-Mar-16 10:12 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Why I'm in ROTD?, ThatMage (Anonymous), 21-Mar-16 10:29 AM, #2
          Reply Or you did the ####ty thing again., mharlndarn, 21-Mar-16 10:28 AM, #3
          Reply There's a command the lets you review past tells., Murphy, 21-Mar-16 10:56 AM, #4
          Reply No, ThatMage (Anonymous), 21-Mar-16 11:03 AM, #5
               Reply Don't assume what they can and can't do., Murphy, 21-Mar-16 11:09 AM, #6
               Reply Were you doing anything you've had a history of doing?, Lhydia, 21-Mar-16 11:13 AM, #7
                    Reply RE: Were you doing anything you've had a history of doi..., ThatMage (Anonymous), 21-Mar-16 11:20 AM, #8
                    Reply RE: Were you doing anything you've had a history of doi..., GrahamC, 28-Mar-16 05:14 AM, #14
                         Reply Pretty sure Umiron checks his email daily. , Lhydia, 28-Mar-16 06:14 AM, #15
          Reply I should also add, Kstatida, 21-Mar-16 12:46 PM, #9
          Reply I'm sorry you wasted 8 hours of your life., TMNS, 21-Mar-16 01:03 PM, #10

ScarabaeusThu 24-Mar-16 01:42 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63138, "PSA on the RotD"
In response to Reply #0

I was going to reply to you privately, but a general public service announcement is probably warranted here.

One of the tools in the immortal toolkit is the ability to put a player in the Realm of the Dead while the player if offline. We might notice some behavior or issue that needs addressing right before a player quits or some time after he/she quits and want to make sure it is dealt with before the character goes back into play.

Anyone that gets put in the RotD offline is tagged with the reason because there is no guarantee that the immortal that realmed the character will be there when the character logs in again. The one thing that can happen then is that the player logs in while there are no immortals present (either logged in or at keyboard), in which case you have to wait until an immortal either logs in or returns from idle.

I'm guessing you got bagged and tagged, the immortal logged off (thinking you were gone), and no one else was on to deal with you. So, while you are taking this as a personal affront, I suspect it was a matter of poor timing.

UmironMon 21-Mar-16 04:51 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63071, "Seek help. (nt)"
In response to Reply #0

nt

TsunamiMon 21-Mar-16 05:48 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63073, "Dear Umiron,"
In response to Reply #11

DEETS

Drama is what game forums were invented for.

DestuviusMon 21-Mar-16 10:12 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#63014, "RE: Why I'm in ROTD?"
In response to Reply #0

If you are in rotd, there is a reason for it. I would also suggest sending an email to the staff with relevant info so that we can get a real answer for you. You probably wont find a better answer than this via the forums.

ThatMage (Anonymous)Mon 21-Mar-16 10:22 AM
Charter member
#63015, "RE: Why I'm in ROTD?"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Mon 21-Mar-16 10:29 AM

It will take too much time to send and then wait. I wonder why person who transfered me to ROTD didn't make any immcomment of the reason, or why ignoring/not letting know of the reason. I'm angered not because I'm in ROTD, but because of the way it was made - quietly and arrogantly. Someone thinks he is a god in the real life, looks like.

UPD:
-----------

Type delete again to confirm this command.
WARNING: this command is irreversible.
Typing delete with an argument will undo delete status.

Time to throw away 8 hours, 15 levels and 49800 experience.

Death tells you, 'I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. I TURN UP ONLY ONCE.'

---------------

1,5 hours in ROTD for no reason, without answer, deleted. GJ, staff.

mharlndarnMon 21-Mar-16 10:28 AM
Member since 23rd May 2011
195 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63016, "Or you did the ####ty thing again."
In response to Reply #2

I suggest you to calm down and wait.

MurphyMon 21-Mar-16 10:56 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63017, "There's a command the lets you review past tells."
In response to Reply #2

I believe it is "afk".
They might have explained things when they transferred you.

ThatMage (Anonymous)Mon 21-Mar-16 11:03 AM
Charter member
#63018, "No"
In response to Reply #4

I've been offline. When I logged in, I found my character in ROTD. No tells could be made to the character.

MurphyMon 21-Mar-16 11:09 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63019, "Don't assume what they can and can't do."
In response to Reply #5

NT

LhydiaMon 21-Mar-16 11:13 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#63020, "Were you doing anything you've had a history of doing?"
In response to Reply #5

Like have you been ROTDd in the recent past with other characters? Were you logging in, checking who list, and quitting to have an advantage with other characters?

You sound like you're just trying to start a #### storm because you need attention.

Most players know if you have an issue you email IMPs. Anything else is just an angry tearful troll.

ThatMage (Anonymous)Mon 21-Mar-16 11:20 AM
Charter member
#63022, "RE: Were you doing anything you've had a history of doi..."
In response to Reply #7

Nah... But this is first time I had to play via short sessions (I had to logout every 20-30 minuets for 1-5 minutes, that I never did before). But I didn't see in rules anything about it.

GrahamCMon 28-Mar-16 05:14 AM
Member since 19th Mar 2006
76 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#63177, "RE: Were you doing anything you've had a history of doi..."
In response to Reply #7

Don't be retarded, you don't email the imps because you have been put in the rotd. Are you hoping to get freed a month from now?

LhydiaMon 28-Mar-16 06:14 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#63179, "Pretty sure Umiron checks his email daily. "
In response to Reply #14

Now if you are a huge cockbag he probably won't deal with you unless he wants to figure out a way to code some sort of 'cheaters lisp of shame' into your character, but even then he'd still probably leave you there to SUFFER consequences of cockbaggery until whoever put you there showed up.

KstatidaMon 21-Mar-16 12:46 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63026, "I should also add"
In response to Reply #2

that you don't edit your posts if you want to stay anonymous. Everyone knows your handle now.

TMNSMon 21-Mar-16 01:03 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#63028, "I'm sorry you wasted 8 hours of your life."
In response to Reply #2

Oh wait, no I'm not.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63013 Previous topic | Next topic