Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectWhy I'm in ROTD?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=63013
63013, Why I'm in ROTD?
Posted by ThatMage on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
At work, playing short sessions. Logging in and off (PK range is empty, lowbies). Logged off for 2-3 mins to solve something, logged back in - I'm in ROTD.

No explanation, no reaction - totally ignored. WTF? I'm positive that I didn't break any rules. If you throw to ROTD, perhaps you would be explaining why, how about that?

Or you think it's fun to be an a$$hole towards the players? Really, I'm surprised, I didn't see such immature behavior in any other games for many, many years.
63138, PSA on the RotD
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was going to reply to you privately, but a general public service announcement is probably warranted here.

One of the tools in the immortal toolkit is the ability to put a player in the Realm of the Dead while the player if offline. We might notice some behavior or issue that needs addressing right before a player quits or some time after he/she quits and want to make sure it is dealt with before the character goes back into play.

Anyone that gets put in the RotD offline is tagged with the reason because there is no guarantee that the immortal that realmed the character will be there when the character logs in again. The one thing that can happen then is that the player logs in while there are no immortals present (either logged in or at keyboard), in which case you have to wait until an immortal either logs in or returns from idle.

I'm guessing you got bagged and tagged, the immortal logged off (thinking you were gone), and no one else was on to deal with you. So, while you are taking this as a personal affront, I suspect it was a matter of poor timing.
63071, Seek help. (nt)
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
63073, Dear Umiron,
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
DEETS

Drama is what game forums were invented for.
63014, RE: Why I'm in ROTD?
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you are in rotd, there is a reason for it. I would also suggest sending an email to the staff with relevant info so that we can get a real answer for you. You probably wont find a better answer than this via the forums.
63015, RE: Why I'm in ROTD?
It will take too much time to send and then wait. I wonder why person who transfered me to ROTD didn't make any immcomment of the reason, or why ignoring/not letting know of the reason. I'm angered not because I'm in ROTD, but because of the way it was made - quietly and arrogantly. Someone thinks he is a god in the real life, looks like.

UPD:
-----------

Type delete again to confirm this command.
WARNING: this command is irreversible.
Typing delete with an argument will undo delete status.

Time to throw away 8 hours, 15 levels and 49800 experience.

Death tells you, 'I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. I TURN UP ONLY ONCE.'

---------------

1,5 hours in ROTD for no reason, without answer, deleted. GJ, staff.
63016, Or you did the ####ty thing again.
Posted by mharlndarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I suggest you to calm down and wait.
63017, There's a command the lets you review past tells.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I believe it is "afk".
They might have explained things when they transferred you.
63018, No
I've been offline. When I logged in, I found my character in ROTD. No tells could be made to the character.
63019, Don't assume what they can and can't do.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
63020, Were you doing anything you've had a history of doing?
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Like have you been ROTDd in the recent past with other characters? Were you logging in, checking who list, and quitting to have an advantage with other characters?

You sound like you're just trying to start a #### storm because you need attention.

Most players know if you have an issue you email IMPs. Anything else is just an angry tearful troll.
63022, RE: Were you doing anything you've had a history of doing?
Nah... But this is first time I had to play via short sessions (I had to logout every 20-30 minuets for 1-5 minutes, that I never did before). But I didn't see in rules anything about it.
63177, RE: Were you doing anything you've had a history of doing?
Posted by GrahamC on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't be retarded, you don't email the imps because you have been put in the rotd. Are you hoping to get freed a month from now?
63179, Pretty sure Umiron checks his email daily.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Now if you are a huge cockbag he probably won't deal with you unless he wants to figure out a way to code some sort of 'cheaters lisp of shame' into your character, but even then he'd still probably leave you there to SUFFER consequences of cockbaggery until whoever put you there showed up.

63026, I should also add
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
that you don't edit your posts if you want to stay anonymous. Everyone knows your handle now.
63028, I'm sorry you wasted 8 hours of your life.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh wait, no I'm not.