Subject: "Roll the Bones and Spin the Wheel discount please!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #62823
Show all folders

Shifter (Anonymous)Wed 02-Mar-16 12:48 PM
Charter member
#62823, "Roll the Bones and Spin the Wheel discount please!"

Just got a ####ty form that I want to change. But with the new edge system (or, rather, no-edge system), it's overpriced like x3. Since edge points became something extremely rare, valuable and important, roll the bones leaves shifters with 0 edges to play. So, I humbly request to seriously decrease the prices for those edges, because throwing away yet another 40-50 hours hurts. Hurts very much.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply No., Umiron, 02-Mar-16 01:20 PM, #3
Reply Thanks, Shifter (Anonymous), 02-Mar-16 01:30 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Thanks, Umiron, 02-Mar-16 02:04 PM, #5
          Reply You are right, Shifter (Anonymous), 02-Mar-16 02:32 PM, #6
               Reply Thanks. You're welcome! (nt), Umiron, 02-Mar-16 03:38 PM, #7
               Reply More productive post might have been, lasentia, 02-Mar-16 04:24 PM, #10
               Reply mogoose/lemur actually still sucks, Dallevian, 02-Mar-16 04:30 PM, #11
               Reply Flavors of the month change, laxman, 02-Mar-16 11:45 PM, #12
               Reply RE: You are right, Borkahd, 05-Mar-16 08:06 PM, #14
Reply Basically you just have to hero., Lhydia, 02-Mar-16 12:52 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Basically you just have to hero., Shifter (Anonymous), 02-Mar-16 01:09 PM, #2
     Reply I think you need 1400 role exp for EPs n/t, Saagkri, 02-Mar-16 03:43 PM, #8
     Reply Sounds like shifters aren't a class for you. Nt, jalbrin, 02-Mar-16 04:04 PM, #9
     Reply Jalim is right...this time. THIS TIME! NT, TMNS, 03-Mar-16 10:16 AM, #13

UmironWed 02-Mar-16 01:20 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62826, "No."
In response to Reply #0

We lowered the cost of those two edges by almost 50% back in May of 2015.

If the status quo isn't acceptable to you then try a class for which one of the core design principles isn't chance.

Shifter (Anonymous)Wed 02-Mar-16 01:30 PM
Charter member
#62827, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #3

Btw, playerbase keeps shrinking. Don't you think you are doing something wrong, based on the result?

UmironWed 02-Mar-16 02:04 PM
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62828, "RE: Thanks"
In response to Reply #4

>Btw, playerbase keeps shrinking. Don't you think you are
>doing something wrong, based on the result?

No I don't. There are certain things I wish we had time for that we don't, but I stand by pretty much every decision I've made personally as well as most of the decisions the staff has made as a whole. That's all I have to say about that.

Enjoy your forms.

Shifter (Anonymous)Wed 02-Mar-16 02:32 PM
Charter member
#62829, "You are right"
In response to Reply #5

As always.

Otherwise, I'd ask you to think, what exactly do you (game) achieve by forcing people to delete and what would happen, if roll the bones would cost... 0 points.

Hint: almost nothing, except for the lower level of frustration amongst shifter players, slightly more (I'd say about +5%) popularity of the class, slightly higher retention... and that's it. Because some obstacles is a challenge, and some is an annoyance, and it would be good if you'd see the difference.

But hey, who cares, you know better. So, enjoy your rightful self

UmironWed 02-Mar-16 03:38 PM
1497 posts
#62830, "Thanks. You're welcome! (nt)"
In response to Reply #6

d

Attachment #1, ( file)

lasentiaWed 02-Mar-16 04:24 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
#62833, "More productive post might have been"
In response to Reply #6

Could you please revisit some of the more often swapped forms and think about rebalancing them to be more in line with forms that are never rerolled.

Your post is I intend to only play my char if I get forms X or Y, or if I don't get form X or Y. Shifters have an element of chance to them. Having a free reroll eliminates that to a large degree.

I'd rather Theran shifters not be only Eagle/Falcon, Gorilla/Lions, thanks.

This conception that shifters are only viable if you get one of the sweet forms is the problem more so than the cost of rolling the bones.

Except for Mongoose, which is ####.
I'm not up on my CF jokes to know if that is true or not.

DallevianWed 02-Mar-16 04:30 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62834, "mogoose/lemur actually still sucks"
In response to Reply #10

just like some of the regen forms now, it can't tank two elite storms either. but it's worse because it can't flee and regen.

laxmanWed 02-Mar-16 11:45 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#62839, "Flavors of the month change"
In response to Reply #10

All the final forms are good they just don't always fit the popular play style.

BorkahdSat 05-Mar-16 08:06 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2009
187 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62857, "RE: You are right"
In response to Reply #6

I usually don't play shifters, mostly because I have always hated sleeks and thought we should do away with them and make them a spell on a timer - but I digress. I think your idea of a free "roll the bones" is pretty neat. Heck, let every tier get a free reroll if they want. I, in my limited view, can't see anything that it could hurt.

+1, buddy.

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"
If you anger him, he'll rape you to death, eat your flesh, and sew your skin into his clothing. And if you're very, very lucky, he'll do it in that order. ~Twist

LhydiaWed 02-Mar-16 12:52 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#62824, "Basically you just have to hero."
In response to Reply #0

Heroing will give you enough edge points to take one or the other. Otherwise you just have to do a ton of farming.

Shifter (Anonymous)Wed 02-Mar-16 01:09 PM
Charter member
#62825, "RE: Basically you just have to hero."
In response to Reply #1

Yes, and you'll waste them all on roll the bones, no?

ExploreXP: 12075
Observ XP: 11875
Role XP : 1000

- not enough for the single roll the bones. Wasting more time on heroing, knowing that you'll burn your edge points and there is a chance to get yet another ####ty form isn't inspiring...

SaagkriWed 02-Mar-16 03:43 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#62831, "I think you need 1400 role exp for EPs n/t"
In response to Reply #2

nt

jalbrinWed 02-Mar-16 04:04 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2009
211 posts
#62832, "Sounds like shifters aren't a class for you. Nt"
In response to Reply #2

Nt

TMNSThu 03-Mar-16 10:16 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#62840, "Jalim is right...this time. THIS TIME! NT"
In response to Reply #1

NT

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #62823 Previous topic | Next topic