Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRoll the Bones and Spin the Wheel discount please!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=62823
62823, Roll the Bones and Spin the Wheel discount please!
Posted by Shifter on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just got a ####ty form that I want to change. But with the new edge system (or, rather, no-edge system), it's overpriced like x3. Since edge points became something extremely rare, valuable and important, roll the bones leaves shifters with 0 edges to play. So, I humbly request to seriously decrease the prices for those edges, because throwing away yet another 40-50 hours hurts. Hurts very much.
62826, No.
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We lowered the cost of those two edges by almost 50% back in May of 2015.

If the status quo isn't acceptable to you then try a class for which one of the core design principles isn't chance.
62827, Thanks
Btw, playerbase keeps shrinking. Don't you think you are doing something wrong, based on the result? ;)
62828, RE: Thanks
>Btw, playerbase keeps shrinking. Don't you think you are
>doing something wrong, based on the result? ;)

No I don't. There are certain things I wish we had time for that we don't, but I stand by pretty much every decision I've made personally as well as most of the decisions the staff has made as a whole. That's all I have to say about that.

Enjoy your forms.
62829, You are right
As always.

Otherwise, I'd ask you to think, what exactly do you (game) achieve by forcing people to delete and what would happen, if roll the bones would cost... 0 points.

Hint: almost nothing, except for the lower level of frustration amongst shifter players, slightly more (I'd say about +5%) popularity of the class, slightly higher retention... and that's it. Because some obstacles is a challenge, and some is an annoyance, and it would be good if you'd see the difference.

But hey, who cares, you know better. So, enjoy your rightful self ;)
62830, Thanks. You're welcome! (nt)
d
62833, More productive post might have been
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Could you please revisit some of the more often swapped forms and think about rebalancing them to be more in line with forms that are never rerolled.

Your post is I intend to only play my char if I get forms X or Y, or if I don't get form X or Y. Shifters have an element of chance to them. Having a free reroll eliminates that to a large degree.

I'd rather Theran shifters not be only Eagle/Falcon, Gorilla/Lions, thanks.

This conception that shifters are only viable if you get one of the sweet forms is the problem more so than the cost of rolling the bones.

Except for Mongoose, which is ####.
I'm not up on my CF jokes to know if that is true or not.
62834, mogoose/lemur actually still sucks
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
just like some of the regen forms now, it can't tank two elite storms either. but it's worse because it can't flee and regen.
62839, Flavors of the month change
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
All the final forms are good they just don't always fit the popular play style.
62857, RE: You are right
Posted by Borkahd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I usually don't play shifters, mostly because I have always hated sleeks and thought we should do away with them and make them a spell on a timer - but I digress. I think your idea of a free "roll the bones" is pretty neat. Heck, let every tier get a free reroll if they want. I, in my limited view, can't see anything that it could hurt.

+1, buddy.
62824, Basically you just have to hero.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heroing will give you enough edge points to take one or the other. Otherwise you just have to do a ton of farming.
62825, RE: Basically you just have to hero.
Yes, and you'll waste them all on roll the bones, no?

ExploreXP: 12075
Observ XP: 11875
Role XP : 1000

- not enough for the single roll the bones. Wasting more time on heroing, knowing that you'll burn your edge points and there is a chance to get yet another ####ty form isn't inspiring...
62831, I think you need 1400 role exp for EPs n/t
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
62832, Sounds like shifters aren't a class for you. Nt
Posted by jalbrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nt
62840, Jalim is right...this time. THIS TIME! NT
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT