Subject: "I wanted to chime in on the language thread..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #62804
Show all folders

VonzamirSat 27-Feb-16 11:37 PM
Member since 07th Jun 2011
659 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62804, "I wanted to chime in on the language thread..."

But it was locked. Anyway, there are words I don't use in game now because it felt like anytime I did over the last few years it got me immediate negative imm attention. I used to use these words as a regular part of character speech. In my case, it was scattered though out normal speech (not just when something bad happened) and based on the origins of the words and the time periods they are traced back to, I feel like it was a stretch to say the words were "OOC", (I even had an amusing PBF comment concerning one of them). But I recognized they were no longer considered acceptable, so quit using them.

It has not significantly degraded my gaming experience, although I do still find it slightly annoying I can cleave someone in half (with a little luck) but can't tell them to go themselves.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KstatidaMon 29-Feb-16 04:09 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62808, "I just go with farg and ####e"
In response to Reply #0

It's almost obligatory to use them if you're duergar

HomardSat 27-Feb-16 11:59 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62805, "I've never gotten attention either way for it."
In response to Reply #0

Granted, I rarely use F in game, but S and especially dwarfy variations of it are pretty common.

I think the difference is in a thinly veiled OOC "Go F yourself" versus a "Yer a little ####e."

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #62804 Previous topic | Next topic