Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectI wanted to chime in on the language thread...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=62804
62804, I wanted to chime in on the language thread...
Posted by Vonzamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But it was locked. Anyway, there are words I don't use in game now because it felt like anytime I did over the last few years it got me immediate negative imm attention. I used to use these words as a regular part of character speech. In my case, it was scattered though out normal speech (not just when something bad happened) and based on the origins of the words and the time periods they are traced back to, I feel like it was a stretch to say the words were "OOC", (I even had an amusing PBF comment concerning one of them). But I recognized they were no longer considered acceptable, so quit using them.

It has not significantly degraded my gaming experience, although I do still find it slightly annoying I can cleave someone in half (with a little luck) but can't tell them to go themselves.
62808, I just go with farg and ####e
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's almost obligatory to use them if you're duergar :)
62805, I've never gotten attention either way for it.
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Granted, I rarely use F in game, but S and especially dwarfy variations of it are pretty common.

I think the difference is in a thinly veiled OOC "Go F yourself" versus a "Yer a little ####e."