Subject: "Nofollow mechanics" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #62803
Show all folders

amazingdonnieSat 27-Feb-16 02:57 PM
Member since 19th Nov 2013
148 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62803, "Nofollow mechanics"

Recently, i've had a player follow me while I was leading a group. I was out of his range, but my group mate was not. I could not nofollow as I was in a group. So the intention here was to follow me as my group mate fled, and use that mechanic as something of an autochase mechanism.

Is it possible for us to rethink this command and perhaps create an invite command to allow only invited followers to make use of the follow command? I find it a bit cheap even with thieves and assassins, whereas hunters have a skill designed specifically for that, which i find much more tasteful.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

UmironWed 02-Mar-16 09:06 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62836, "RE: Nofollow mechanics"
In response to Reply #0

I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. Some people "abuse" follow to be cheesy and lame (usually only really working against the lower hanging fruit), but your proposal is probably farther in the other direction than I'd like. We'll see.

ArtificialWed 02-Mar-16 08:39 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62835, "Agreed. Nofollow makes no sense. nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

SaagkriSun 28-Feb-16 04:59 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#62806, "RE: Nofollow mechanics"
In response to Reply #0

Really, should you be able to control who follows you, especially when you cannot see them? But, I understand the problems with 'you can follow anyone' in game.

It would be neat to have an edge that let's you follow someone in your PK if they cannot see you no matter what nofollow is set to. I know that sounds scary.

But, it doesn't sound unreasonable to be able to thwart out of PK people following you.

amazingdonnieSun 28-Feb-16 05:28 PM
Member since 19th Nov 2013
148 posts
#62807, "RE: Nofollow mechanics"
In response to Reply #1

On the same note, should you be able to simply nofollow, to control who follows you especially when you cannot see them?

I don't know, but I simply dislike the idea of someone abusing the mechanic for a free chase trigger. I do think making these things skills for hidden classes ala hunter would be a cool idea.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #62803 Previous topic | Next topic