Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectNofollow mechanics
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=62803
62803, Nofollow mechanics
Posted by amazingdonnie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Recently, i've had a player follow me while I was leading a group. I was out of his range, but my group mate was not. I could not nofollow as I was in a group. So the intention here was to follow me as my group mate fled, and use that mechanic as something of an autochase mechanism.

Is it possible for us to rethink this command and perhaps create an invite command to allow only invited followers to make use of the follow command? I find it a bit cheap even with thieves and assassins, whereas hunters have a skill designed specifically for that, which i find much more tasteful.
62836, RE: Nofollow mechanics
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. Some people "abuse" follow to be cheesy and lame (usually only really working against the lower hanging fruit), but your proposal is probably farther in the other direction than I'd like. We'll see.
62835, Agreed. Nofollow makes no sense. nt
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
62806, RE: Nofollow mechanics
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really, should you be able to control who follows you, especially when you cannot see them? But, I understand the problems with 'you can follow anyone' in game.

It would be neat to have an edge that let's you follow someone in your PK if they cannot see you no matter what nofollow is set to. I know that sounds scary.

But, it doesn't sound unreasonable to be able to thwart out of PK people following you.
62807, RE: Nofollow mechanics
Posted by amazingdonnie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
On the same note, should you be able to simply nofollow, to control who follows you especially when you cannot see them?

I don't know, but I simply dislike the idea of someone abusing the mechanic for a free chase trigger. I do think making these things skills for hidden classes ala hunter would be a cool idea.