Subject: "Wither And The Like I Feel Needs Review" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #62553
Show all folders

JarmelTue 09-Feb-16 06:48 PM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
375 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62553, "Wither And The Like I Feel Needs Review"

I think the following things need to be changed. This comes along the lines of "No single ability should be able to do lasting damage outside of killing/malediction." The only lasting impact should be 1/3rd con.

I honestly believe supps like wither and the item (And I have no idea what it is) mentioned below should have the permanent impact removed from the game. Searching the battlefields I have seen people an orc in particular who age died at 200 odd hrs. All because they ate a number of withers. Honestly if your saves are so bad that you are eating the -25 strength this should be enough. I honestly feel things like this wont hurt experienced players but those still learning the game who will usually have poor saves wont suffer from someone who is grief mode to the max.

From a post on QHCF:
"There is an item, still in the game, easily obtainable, that you can zap somebody with and it ages them. MASSIVELY. You can't save against it and you're age death within 20 zaps.

It age killed my lich in less than 40 zaps, imagine what I could do with a few of those wands to a human or arial."

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I age died an orc who ate a lot of withers, KaguMaru, 11-Feb-16 09:20 PM, #9
Reply Agreed on wither (or any crazy aging items). n/t, Calion, 10-Feb-16 05:31 AM, #7
Reply Wither gets a save, incognito, 10-Feb-16 01:24 AM, #4
Reply RE: Wither And The Like I Feel Needs Review, Umiron, 09-Feb-16 07:33 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Wither And The Like I Feel Needs Review, Jarmel, 09-Feb-16 09:41 PM, #2
     Reply I'll email you the details Umi. nt, Gaplemo, 10-Feb-16 12:50 AM, #3
     Reply Age gear, Athioles, 10-Feb-16 04:13 AM, #5
          Reply Doesn't base age get affected?, Kstatida, 10-Feb-16 04:54 AM, #6
               Reply Wither removes age from the end of your life..., Tac, 10-Feb-16 08:08 AM, #8

KaguMaruThu 11-Feb-16 09:20 PM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62613, "I age died an orc who ate a lot of withers"
In response to Reply #0

Like seriously so many. This was just after the shaman changes when everyone was playing one. He lasted more than 400 hours though so I can't complain.

CalionWed 10-Feb-16 05:31 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62571, "Agreed on wither (or any crazy aging items). n/t"
In response to Reply #0

Basically it's just a griefing mechanic.

incognitoWed 10-Feb-16 01:24 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62565, "Wither gets a save"
In response to Reply #0

So if it is wither it shouldn't be an issue. If you get targeted, get better saves. Then you never get the ageing.

My guess is it either isn't wither or it someone flagged an item to not allow a save, which I agree would be bad.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing the age effect removed anyway. As nererial I took the either edge partly to avoid aging enemies.

UmironTue 09-Feb-16 07:33 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62554, "RE: Wither And The Like I Feel Needs Review"
In response to Reply #0

>From a post on QHCF:
>"There is an item, still in the game, easily obtainable, that
>you can zap somebody with and it ages them. MASSIVELY. You
>can't save against it and you're age death within 20 zaps.
>
> It age killed my lich in less than 40 zaps, imagine what I
>could do with a few of those wands to a human or arial."

The item I believe this person is thinking of cannot be used to target PCs, and even in the context of using it on oneself, it's an incredibly questy, unique mechanic in CF that has probably only ever been explored by a single digit number of people. It's not relevant to any gameplay discussion.

Or the person is referring to a different item and I'm talking out my ass, who knows.

JarmelTue 09-Feb-16 09:41 PM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
375 posts
#62560, "RE: Wither And The Like I Feel Needs Review"
In response to Reply #1

"Or the person is referring to a different item and I'm talking out my ass"

There is every chance I am suffering from the same problem. So understand everything you are saying.

I guess in short I have a problem if there are mechanisms in the game that someone could use to ruin someones playing experience by making it abnormally short. I believe wither can fall into this category as well, especially in the case of the orc that lived just over 200 hrs ... And I cant be bothered looking it up again. But then again here maybe they ate 500 withers so in this case I also have an issue with a talking bottom.

GaplemoWed 10-Feb-16 12:50 AM
Member since 06th May 2010
618 posts
#62564, " I'll email you the details Umi. nt"
In response to Reply #1

nt

AthiolesWed 10-Feb-16 04:13 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
#62569, "Age gear"
In response to Reply #1

If you're wearing -10 years in gear and you get withered and it ages you 2 years (I don't know the exact number it can do I'm just pulling something out of my ass) will that age loss be negated by the gear you're wearing? Ie. does it become -8 years in gear and when you remove it you're back to normal?

If so that'd be an easy way to negate those nasty side affects.

KstatidaWed 10-Feb-16 04:54 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62570, "Doesn't base age get affected?"
In response to Reply #5

Eq is modifying the base age, so it's still -10 but on a higher base age.

TacWed 10-Feb-16 08:08 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#62577, "Wither removes age from the end of your life..."
In response to Reply #6

Such that age gear helps, but won't actually stop anything.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #62553 Previous topic | Next topic