Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectWither And The Like I Feel Needs Review
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=62553
62553, Wither And The Like I Feel Needs Review
Posted by Jarmel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think the following things need to be changed. This comes along the lines of "No single ability should be able to do lasting damage outside of killing/malediction." The only lasting impact should be 1/3rd con.

I honestly believe supps like wither and the item (And I have no idea what it is) mentioned below should have the permanent impact removed from the game. Searching the battlefields I have seen people an orc in particular who age died at 200 odd hrs. All because they ate a number of withers. Honestly if your saves are so bad that you are eating the -25 strength this should be enough. I honestly feel things like this wont hurt experienced players but those still learning the game who will usually have poor saves wont suffer from someone who is grief mode to the max.

From a post on QHCF:
"There is an item, still in the game, easily obtainable, that you can zap somebody with and it ages them. MASSIVELY. You can't save against it and you're age death within 20 zaps.

It age killed my lich in less than 40 zaps, imagine what I could do with a few of those wands to a human or arial."

62613, I age died an orc who ate a lot of withers
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Like seriously so many. This was just after the shaman changes when everyone was playing one. He lasted more than 400 hours though so I can't complain.
62571, Agreed on wither (or any crazy aging items). n/t
Posted by Calion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Basically it's just a griefing mechanic.
62565, Wither gets a save
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So if it is wither it shouldn't be an issue. If you get targeted, get better saves. Then you never get the ageing.

My guess is it either isn't wither or it someone flagged an item to not allow a save, which I agree would be bad.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing the age effect removed anyway. As nererial I took the either edge partly to avoid aging enemies.
62554, RE: Wither And The Like I Feel Needs Review
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>From a post on QHCF:
>"There is an item, still in the game, easily obtainable, that
>you can zap somebody with and it ages them. MASSIVELY. You
>can't save against it and you're age death within 20 zaps.
>
> It age killed my lich in less than 40 zaps, imagine what I
>could do with a few of those wands to a human or arial."

The item I believe this person is thinking of cannot be used to target PCs, and even in the context of using it on oneself, it's an incredibly questy, unique mechanic in CF that has probably only ever been explored by a single digit number of people. It's not relevant to any gameplay discussion.

Or the person is referring to a different item and I'm talking out my ass, who knows.
62560, RE: Wither And The Like I Feel Needs Review
Posted by Jarmel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"Or the person is referring to a different item and I'm talking out my ass"

There is every chance I am suffering from the same problem. So understand everything you are saying.

I guess in short I have a problem if there are mechanisms in the game that someone could use to ruin someones playing experience by making it abnormally short. I believe wither can fall into this category as well, especially in the case of the orc that lived just over 200 hrs ... And I cant be bothered looking it up again. But then again here maybe they ate 500 withers so in this case I also have an issue with a talking bottom.
62564, I'll email you the details Umi. nt
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
62569, Age gear
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you're wearing -10 years in gear and you get withered and it ages you 2 years (I don't know the exact number it can do I'm just pulling something out of my ass) will that age loss be negated by the gear you're wearing? Ie. does it become -8 years in gear and when you remove it you're back to normal?

If so that'd be an easy way to negate those nasty side affects.
62570, Doesn't base age get affected?
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Eq is modifying the base age, so it's still -10 but on a higher base age.
62577, Wither removes age from the end of your life...
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Such that age gear helps, but won't actually stop anything.