Subject: "Black circle." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #61663
Show all folders

DallevianMon 16-Nov-15 04:12 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61663, "Black circle."

Something I proposed long ago -

make black circles an object that can be destroyed. it would add a valid tactic instead of just trying to RTFA only to be yo-yo'd back and forth.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Black circle., Destuvius, 16-Nov-15 04:47 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Black circle., Destuvius, 16-Nov-15 04:51 PM, #2
     Reply shoot, i'm good for a question a day., Dallevian, 16-Nov-15 05:17 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Black circle., Isildur, 16-Nov-15 05:17 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Black circle., Umiron, 16-Nov-15 05:33 PM, #5
               Reply RE: Black circle., Isildur, 16-Nov-15 05:38 PM, #6
                    Reply It is not. Normally zero lagged on summoned, Tac, 16-Nov-15 06:13 PM, #7
                    Reply Black circle allows one command by the summoned, incognito, 17-Nov-15 12:08 AM, #8
                    Reply RE: Black circle allows one command by the summoned, Bemused, 17-Nov-15 12:20 AM, #9
                         Reply It is the feared 'Black Ellipse'. nt, Isildur, 17-Nov-15 02:13 AM, #10
                    Reply Not my experience, Kstatida, 17-Nov-15 04:42 AM, #11
                         Reply Some possibilities, incognito, 17-Nov-15 08:34 AM, #12
                              Reply RE: Some possibilities, Kstatida, 17-Nov-15 09:16 AM, #13
                                   Reply RE: Some possibilities, KaguMaru, 19-Nov-15 10:09 AM, #14

DestuviusMon 16-Nov-15 04:47 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61664, "RE: Black circle."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry, you exhausted all your requesting about savage blow. Maybe in 2016 you can try to ask for more.

DestuviusMon 16-Nov-15 04:51 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#61665, "RE: Black circle."
In response to Reply #1

Also, thats a joke for anyone who missed it.

DallevianMon 16-Nov-15 05:17 PM
1639 posts
#61666, "shoot, i'm good for a question a day."
In response to Reply #2

no one answering? no problem, still asking!

IsildurMon 16-Nov-15 05:17 PM
5969 posts
#61667, "RE: Black circle."
In response to Reply #1

I have more cachet than Dallevian so I'll ask a different question:

Does black circle modify the lag on summoner/summoned or does it only make summoning more likely to succeed?

In the past when I've been summoned by someone with a circle I've noticed that I get exactly *one* command before the summoner's next command goes through. Is that "normal" summon behavior or is it one of the benefits of the circle?

UmironMon 16-Nov-15 05:33 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61668, "RE: Black circle."
In response to Reply #4

Casting summon is 1 round of lag.

Being summoned into a black circle is 1 round of lag.

I honestly don't know if that shakes out to consistent behavior or not.

IsildurMon 16-Nov-15 05:37 PM
5969 posts
#61669, "RE: Black circle."
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Mon 16-Nov-15 05:38 PM

From what I've noticed the summoned person always gets "first command" after being summoned into a black circle. But only by a nose. You get exactly *one* command (assuming the summoner also entered a command right after the summon).

Just curious if its the same situation for "normal" summon (i.e. no circle).

TacMon 16-Nov-15 06:13 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#61671, "It is not. Normally zero lagged on summoned"
In response to Reply #6

Meaning you get 1 round to do stuff. Maybe 2? I would have sworn summon was 2 rounds without circle.

incognitoTue 17-Nov-15 12:08 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61680, "Black circle allows one command by the summoned"
In response to Reply #6

And boosts the success rate of summoning. By anyone who summons from
The black circle room, not just the one that made the circle.

Normal summon doesn't lag the victim.

The only advantage of normal summon is that you don't have to take the time to make the circle.

BemusedTue 17-Nov-15 12:20 AM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
#61681, "RE: Black circle allows one command by the summoned"
In response to Reply #8

Can you still ask your group mate to walk you into the area half way through creating the circle to reduce the chance of being seen? If so I think is the only change I would make to black circle.

Can you try and picture it happening? Some dude drawing a circle on the ground and getting hauled away mid drawing to a separate spot.. that'd be a funky "circle".

IsildurTue 17-Nov-15 02:13 AM
5969 posts
#61682, "It is the feared 'Black Ellipse'. nt"
In response to Reply #9

KstatidaTue 17-Nov-15 04:42 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61685, "Not my experience"
In response to Reply #6

Got slept after summon to the black circle when my first command was moving out correctly right after the summon. Might be dependent on the veil?

incognitoTue 17-Nov-15 08:34 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61687, "Some possibilities"
In response to Reply #11

If you were on the move, or checking where, might your first command have been different to the first thing you entered after being summoned?

Was the person who summoned you the same person that slept you?

Were you laggy?

Did your command definitely go in after you were slept?

Not saying you are wrong but I've never seen proof of black circle working how you describe. There's a reason why sodsob sometimes had someone else along to lag the person he summoned to a black circle.

KstatidaTue 17-Nov-15 09:16 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61690, "RE: Some possibilities"
In response to Reply #12

1. Well, could be, can't say I'm 100% sure. My impression at the time was definitely not "oh hell I killed myself spamming commands", it was "BC is BS, couldn't have my 1st command in", so my judgment is based on impression rather than on research.
2. Yes
3. No
4. Yes

KaguMaruThu 19-Nov-15 10:08 AM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
#61702, "RE: Some possibilities"
In response to Reply #13
Edited on Thu 19-Nov-15 10:09 AM

Don't know what to tell you but I've been around a lot of black circles in my time and it's always the same situation as if you'd tripped someone - they get one and exactly one chance to react. If you spam one direction too many that's it, they get next command.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #61663 Previous topic | Next topic