Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectBlack circle.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=61663
61663, Black circle.
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Something I proposed long ago -

make black circles an object that can be destroyed. it would add a valid tactic instead of just trying to RTFA only to be yo-yo'd back and forth.
61664, RE: Black circle.
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry, you exhausted all your requesting about savage blow. Maybe in 2016 you can try to ask for more.
61665, RE: Black circle.
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Also, thats a joke for anyone who missed it.
61666, shoot, i'm good for a question a day.
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
no one answering? no problem, still asking!
61667, RE: Black circle.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have more cachet than Dallevian so I'll ask a different question:

Does black circle modify the lag on summoner/summoned or does it only make summoning more likely to succeed?

In the past when I've been summoned by someone with a circle I've noticed that I get exactly *one* command before the summoner's next command goes through. Is that "normal" summon behavior or is it one of the benefits of the circle?
61668, RE: Black circle.
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Casting summon is 1 round of lag.

Being summoned into a black circle is 1 round of lag.

I honestly don't know if that shakes out to consistent behavior or not.
61669, RE: Black circle.
From what I've noticed the summoned person always gets "first command" after being summoned into a black circle. But only by a nose. You get exactly *one* command (assuming the summoner also entered a command right after the summon).

Just curious if its the same situation for "normal" summon (i.e. no circle).
61671, It is not. Normally zero lagged on summoned
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Meaning you get 1 round to do stuff. Maybe 2? I would have sworn summon was 2 rounds without circle.
61680, Black circle allows one command by the summoned
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And boosts the success rate of summoning. By anyone who summons from
The black circle room, not just the one that made the circle.

Normal summon doesn't lag the victim.

The only advantage of normal summon is that you don't have to take the time to make the circle.
61681, RE: Black circle allows one command by the summoned
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can you still ask your group mate to walk you into the area half way through creating the circle to reduce the chance of being seen? If so I think is the only change I would make to black circle.

Can you try and picture it happening? Some dude drawing a circle on the ground and getting hauled away mid drawing to a separate spot.. that'd be a funky "circle".
61682, It is the feared 'Black Ellipse'. nt
61685, Not my experience
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Got slept after summon to the black circle when my first command was moving out correctly right after the summon. Might be dependent on the veil?
61687, Some possibilities
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you were on the move, or checking where, might your first command have been different to the first thing you entered after being summoned?

Was the person who summoned you the same person that slept you?

Were you laggy?

Did your command definitely go in after you were slept?

Not saying you are wrong but I've never seen proof of black circle working how you describe. There's a reason why sodsob sometimes had someone else along to lag the person he summoned to a black circle.
61690, RE: Some possibilities
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1. Well, could be, can't say I'm 100% sure. My impression at the time was definitely not "oh hell I killed myself spamming commands", it was "BC is BS, couldn't have my 1st command in", so my judgment is based on impression rather than on research.
2. Yes
3. No
4. Yes
61702, RE: Some possibilities
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't know what to tell you but I've been around a lot of black circles in my time and it's always the same situation as if you'd tripped someone - they get one and exactly one chance to react. If you spam one direction too many that's it, they get next command.