Subject: "along the same lines as portal sickness..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #61470
Show all folders

IsildurTue 10-Nov-15 11:22 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61470, "along the same lines as portal sickness..."

What about changing the way the "tell" command responds to someone being in Organia or places like it?

I feel like people often send tells to enemies they wouldn't otherwise talk to just to "check" if they're in there. It's kind of silly.

How about when a "tell" is sent to someone in a no-tell place it appears to the sender to have gone through normally but the recipient never receives it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply The problem with Organia, Kstatida, 11-Nov-15 03:46 AM, #5
Reply This was already changed recently, Destuvius, 10-Nov-15 11:23 AM, #1
     Reply RE: This was already changed recently, Isildur, 10-Nov-15 02:09 PM, #2
          Reply RE: This was already changed recently, Umiron, 10-Nov-15 02:51 PM, #3
          Reply RE: This was already changed recently, Isildur, 10-Nov-15 03:19 PM, #4
          Reply They could be in Organia or, Murphy, 11-Nov-15 12:55 PM, #6

KstatidaWed 11-Nov-15 03:46 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61475, "The problem with Organia"
In response to Reply #0

is that the person in there is actually sleeping, hence the echo. The concept is the same as WoT Tel'aran'rhiod, as I see it.

Inferno is another matter though.

DestuviusTue 10-Nov-15 11:23 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61471, "This was already changed recently"
In response to Reply #0

The return message is different than it was in the past

IsildurTue 10-Nov-15 02:09 PM
5969 posts
#61472, "RE: This was already changed recently"
In response to Reply #1

It was changed, but isn't it still obvious someone is there? It's something like "they can't hear you". Even if it's the same echo as when someone is sleeping, if the guy is "sleeping" for long enough you can pretty sure he's not actually sleeping.

Plus if your tell *does* go through then you know the guy is *not* there.

I guess the down side to my change would be that people could actually receive tells and then deny it and claim they were in organia.

UmironTue 10-Nov-15 02:51 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61473, "RE: This was already changed recently"
In response to Reply #2

My concern is that this provides some tactical advantage to not RPing with people. If an enemy (or even an unknown) sends me a tell, now all of a sudden there's strategy in ignoring them because they might think I'm in Organia (or wherever) and blow 15 minutes checking.

IsildurTue 10-Nov-15 03:19 PM
5969 posts
#61474, "RE: This was already changed recently"
In response to Reply #3

Good point.

MurphyWed 11-Nov-15 12:54 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61482, "They could be in Organia or"
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Wed 11-Nov-15 12:55 PM

in certain shrines, or in certain other place that blocks communication.

Or they could be deafened. I recently had a permanent duration deafness. Fun times.

It's not all that obvious where they are if they can't hear you.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #61470 Previous topic | Next topic