Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectalong the same lines as portal sickness...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=61470
61470, along the same lines as portal sickness...
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What about changing the way the "tell" command responds to someone being in Organia or places like it?

I feel like people often send tells to enemies they wouldn't otherwise talk to just to "check" if they're in there. It's kind of silly.

How about when a "tell" is sent to someone in a no-tell place it appears to the sender to have gone through normally but the recipient never receives it.
61475, The problem with Organia
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
is that the person in there is actually sleeping, hence the echo. The concept is the same as WoT Tel'aran'rhiod, as I see it.

Inferno is another matter though.
61471, This was already changed recently
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The return message is different than it was in the past
61472, RE: This was already changed recently
It was changed, but isn't it still obvious someone is there? It's something like "they can't hear you". Even if it's the same echo as when someone is sleeping, if the guy is "sleeping" for long enough you can pretty sure he's not actually sleeping.

Plus if your tell *does* go through then you know the guy is *not* there.

I guess the down side to my change would be that people could actually receive tells and then deny it and claim they were in organia.
61473, RE: This was already changed recently
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My concern is that this provides some tactical advantage to not RPing with people. If an enemy (or even an unknown) sends me a tell, now all of a sudden there's strategy in ignoring them because they might think I'm in Organia (or wherever) and blow 15 minutes checking.
61474, RE: This was already changed recently
Good point.
61482, They could be in Organia or
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
in certain shrines, or in certain other place that blocks communication.

Or they could be deafened. I recently had a permanent duration deafness. Fun times.

It's not all that obvious where they are if they can't hear you.