Subject: "Did you ever consider to let ap keep 1/3 of his charges..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #61202
Show all folders

mharlndarnTue 27-Oct-15 12:41 PM
Member since 23rd May 2011
195 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61202, "Did you ever consider to let ap keep 1/3 of his charges after the death?"

I think, it will deal with some rage staff deletations after loosing weapon and let ap risk more.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Diminishing returns would solve a lot, Murphy, 27-Oct-15 02:28 PM, #3
Reply I think APs are kinda broken, laxman, 27-Oct-15 02:24 PM, #2
Reply I've lost multiple unholies, Tsalantha (Anonymous), 27-Oct-15 03:14 PM, #4
     Reply RE: I've lost multiple unholies, wareagle, 27-Oct-15 04:12 PM, #5
     Reply RE: I've lost multiple unholies, Bemused, 27-Oct-15 06:06 PM, #6
          Reply There were 80 plus on that, Tsalantha (Anonymous), 28-Oct-15 03:13 AM, #7
Reply Heh, no. (nt), Umiron, 27-Oct-15 01:10 PM, #1

MurphyTue 27-Oct-15 02:28 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61205, "Diminishing returns would solve a lot"
In response to Reply #0

Make it so you gain several charges first, then progressively less and less with each subsequent kill with the same unholy weapon.

laxmanTue 27-Oct-15 02:24 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#61204, "I think APs are kinda broken"
In response to Reply #0

They are decent up to 30 but after that it is kind of weird.

If you got not many charges you are a punching bag for most unless you prep really hard or land sleep.

If you have a ton of charges you break the game.

I love the mechanic of getting stronger over time with PK success but I am not a fan of the boom or bust and how it affects player behavior.

My suggestion would be to cap charges on a weapon, for example to twenty. Then turn each control into a path. You give souls to some demon/devil in return for permanent abilities. Make it formulaic, abilities at 5,10,15,20 and you need each to get next, so a full path would be 50 charges.

Example for lightning
5 - static charge: victim attracts lightning in stormy weather, magical lightning hurts more, more likely to get hit by arcing bolt
10 - lightning control
15 - chain lightning
20 - storm cloak

Example for fire
5 - fires of hell - ignore fire resist/immune
10 - fire control
15 - immolate
20 - fiery aura - anyone hitting you takes fire damAge (like wasps) and contact moves have a chance to immolate. Burns away snares.

Just some ideas, you could still hold 40 charges on weapons plus gain interesting utility over time.

Tsalantha (Anonymous)Tue 27-Oct-15 03:14 PM
Charter member
#61206, "I've lost multiple unholies"
In response to Reply #2

Which were significant. Got full looted down to the pies when I lost a 40 charger.

My current weapon was entirely built within hero range (as in, I had to fight the likes of lilyth from the start) from only fire control and about a third of the charges didn't involve sleep. Many of them before I hit hard with melee.

Shaapa also killed a lot of people after losing his unholy at hero.

wareagleTue 27-Oct-15 04:11 PM
Member since 19th Aug 2007
201 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61208, "RE: I've lost multiple unholies"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Tue 27-Oct-15 04:12 PM

Having not faced either of you, if you killed Shaapa, then you and Shaapa are terrible examples because you guys could probably make anything look strong because you guys are just great PK'ers.

Just my two cents, I don't remember playing a high lvl AP, but the boom or bust looks pretty accurate to me...the paths idea is one of the best suggestions I've seen in a long ass time.

Edited to add: Even if you didn't kill him, it appears from logs you know what you're doing better than most folks.

BemusedTue 27-Oct-15 06:06 PM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61209, "RE: I've lost multiple unholies"
In response to Reply #4

What would you have done and where would you have been now if your most recent loss of unholy wasn't returned to you? Lot more than 40 charges on that one!

Tsalantha (Anonymous)Wed 28-Oct-15 03:13 AM
Charter member
#61213, "There were 80 plus on that"
In response to Reply #6

If you can get to 80 plus you can get to any number.

You just need to avoid doing dumb stuff too often, like trying to run to shore instead of recalling when the eel first swims up to you.

UmironTue 27-Oct-15 01:10 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61203, "Heh, no. (nt)"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #61202 Previous topic | Next topic