Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectDid you ever consider to let ap keep 1/3 of his charges after the death?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=61202
61202, Did you ever consider to let ap keep 1/3 of his charges after the death?
Posted by mharlndarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think, it will deal with some rage staff deletations after loosing weapon and let ap risk more.
61205, Diminishing returns would solve a lot
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Make it so you gain several charges first, then progressively less and less with each subsequent kill with the same unholy weapon.
61204, I think APs are kinda broken
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
They are decent up to 30 but after that it is kind of weird.

If you got not many charges you are a punching bag for most unless you prep really hard or land sleep.

If you have a ton of charges you break the game.

I love the mechanic of getting stronger over time with PK success but I am not a fan of the boom or bust and how it affects player behavior.

My suggestion would be to cap charges on a weapon, for example to twenty. Then turn each control into a path. You give souls to some demon/devil in return for permanent abilities. Make it formulaic, abilities at 5,10,15,20 and you need each to get next, so a full path would be 50 charges.

Example for lightning
5 - static charge: victim attracts lightning in stormy weather, magical lightning hurts more, more likely to get hit by arcing bolt
10 - lightning control
15 - chain lightning
20 - storm cloak

Example for fire
5 - fires of hell - ignore fire resist/immune
10 - fire control
15 - immolate
20 - fiery aura - anyone hitting you takes fire damAge (like wasps) and contact moves have a chance to immolate. Burns away snares.

Just some ideas, you could still hold 40 charges on weapons plus gain interesting utility over time.
61206, I've lost multiple unholies
Posted by Tsalantha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Which were significant. Got full looted down to the pies when I lost a 40 charger.

My current weapon was entirely built within hero range (as in, I had to fight the likes of lilyth from the start) from only fire control and about a third of the charges didn't involve sleep. Many of them before I hit hard with melee.

Shaapa also killed a lot of people after losing his unholy at hero.
61208, RE: I've lost multiple unholies
Posted by wareagle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Having not faced either of you, if you killed Shaapa, then you and Shaapa are terrible examples because you guys could probably make anything look strong because you guys are just great PK'ers.

Just my two cents, I don't remember playing a high lvl AP, but the boom or bust looks pretty accurate to me...the paths idea is one of the best suggestions I've seen in a long ass time.

Edited to add: Even if you didn't kill him, it appears from logs you know what you're doing better than most folks.
61209, RE: I've lost multiple unholies
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What would you have done and where would you have been now if your most recent loss of unholy wasn't returned to you? Lot more than 40 charges on that one!
61213, There were 80 plus on that
Posted by Tsalantha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you can get to 80 plus you can get to any number.

You just need to avoid doing dumb stuff too often, like trying to run to shore instead of recalling when the eel first swims up to you.
61203, Heh, no. (nt)
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt