Subject: "Mechanics question: Riddle of Resilience" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #59947
Show all folders

SarienMon 06-Jul-15 06:52 AM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59947, "Mechanics question: Riddle of Resilience"

Would riddle halve the affect/duration of all the funky new shaman path poison maledicts?

On this line, does it also halve things like crimson scourge/plague/etc?

Or, is it just "physical" skill maledictions like artery/boneshatter/impale etc?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HomardMon 06-Jul-15 12:22 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59950, "Hey, I looked it up."
In response to Reply #0

Homard the character had riddle, so I figured I'd see if I had any logs of pre-legacy vs. post-legacy.

At level 40:
Physical effect: 'crimson scourge' modifies strength by -8 for 9 hours.

At hero:
Physical effect: 'crimson scourge' modifies strength by -5 for 9 hours.

Now, some of the new venom path supps do show up as "physical effects" so I imagine that riddle will help with them.

Though, as you can see above, riddle cut the strength loss from scourge, but not the timer on it.

CalionMon 06-Jul-15 12:04 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59949, "RE: Mechanics question: Riddle of Resilience"
In response to Reply #0

Found this in my notes by Daev when asked about Riddle vs. poison/plague/crimson:

" - Riddle of Resilience might be your single best choice. It's useful in resisting these
afflictions in the first place, and I believe it would also cut the strength loss and
possibly duration from crimson scourge slightly."

AthiolesMon 06-Jul-15 10:09 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
#59948, "Just physical."
In response to Reply #0

Which was nice, especially on a build whose race specific gear tends to nerf dex. But it's also really nice because it smothers bleeding damage. I was taking hits instead of dismembers from some bleeding.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #59947 Previous topic | Next topic