Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectMechanics question: Riddle of Resilience
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=59947
59947, Mechanics question: Riddle of Resilience
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Would riddle halve the affect/duration of all the funky new shaman path poison maledicts?

On this line, does it also halve things like crimson scourge/plague/etc?

Or, is it just "physical" skill maledictions like artery/boneshatter/impale etc?
59950, Hey, I looked it up.
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Homard the character had riddle, so I figured I'd see if I had any logs of pre-legacy vs. post-legacy.

At level 40:
Physical effect: 'crimson scourge' modifies strength by -8 for 9 hours.

At hero:
Physical effect: 'crimson scourge' modifies strength by -5 for 9 hours.

Now, some of the new venom path supps do show up as "physical effects" so I imagine that riddle will help with them.

Though, as you can see above, riddle cut the strength loss from scourge, but not the timer on it.
59949, RE: Mechanics question: Riddle of Resilience
Posted by Calion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Found this in my notes by Daev when asked about Riddle vs. poison/plague/crimson:

" - Riddle of Resilience might be your single best choice. It's useful in resisting these
afflictions in the first place, and I believe it would also cut the strength loss and
possibly duration from crimson scourge slightly."
59948, Just physical.
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Which was nice, especially on a build whose race specific gear tends to nerf dex. But it's also really nice because it smothers bleeding damage. I was taking hits instead of dismembers from some bleeding.