Subject: "Christmas in June: QOL Request" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #59820
Show all folders

Serial Herald (Anonymous)Sat 27-Jun-15 11:10 AM
Charter member
#59820, "Christmas in June: QOL Request"

Would it be possible to code a room or two in the Inn of the Eternal Star as "wilderness" to allow rangers and druids to stay in the main hall (rather than stepping behind the Inn) and not lose wilderness time? Thank you for your consideration.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply There are a few things here., Mendos, 29-Jun-15 05:33 PM, #2
Reply It makes no sense. It's an inn, not the wilderness., KaguMaru, 29-Jun-15 05:42 PM, #3
Reply How dare you?, Jaegendar, 29-Jun-15 06:37 PM, #5
Reply RE: It makes no sense. It's an inn, not the wilderness., Mendos, 30-Jun-15 01:12 AM, #13
     Reply Can't wilderness rooms be made no-camo?, Murphy, 30-Jun-15 12:49 AM, #14
          Reply It probably could., Mendos, 30-Jun-15 01:15 AM, #15
               Reply Make it a swimming pool? :) NT, Kstatida, 30-Jun-15 10:53 AM, #20
Reply Perhaps make that edge avaliable to anyone for edge poi..., Murphy, 29-Jun-15 06:12 PM, #4
Reply That edge is a bit op, incognito, 29-Jun-15 11:11 PM, #10
     Reply I'm not talking of the one that lets you camo., Murphy, 30-Jun-15 12:44 AM, #11
Reply RE: There are a few things here., Serial Herald (Anonymous), 29-Jun-15 07:07 PM, #6
     Reply Chances are if youre a ranger/druid who wants to do tha..., Destuvius, 29-Jun-15 07:34 PM, #7
     Reply What edge is this? n/t, Perpetual_Noob, 29-Jun-15 09:34 PM, #8
          Reply Now I can't remember the name of it, Destuvius, 29-Jun-15 09:35 PM, #9
               Reply Chances are, by the time you prove your RP, Murphy, 30-Jun-15 12:54 AM, #12
                    Reply Its a fairly new (around a year) cabal edge nt, Destuvius, 30-Jun-15 01:26 AM, #16
                         Reply I'll just say this, Murphy, 30-Jun-15 02:35 AM, #18
                              Reply Fwiw, Destuvius, 30-Jun-15 05:05 AM, #19
     Reply RE: Explorer., Mendos, 30-Jun-15 01:28 AM, #17
Reply Perhaps they could make the cellar a cave..., Perpetual_Noob, 27-Jun-15 12:25 PM, #1

MendosMon 29-Jun-15 05:27 PM
Member since 16th Oct 2013
180 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59849, "There are a few things here."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 29-Jun-15 05:33 PM

Firstly there are some wilderness spaces within the Inn, but they are on the trail into the Inn, rather than the Inn itself.

Secondly, there are some additional options for wilderness dependent Heralds which are well RPed. It doesn't help non-Heralds much though. If you are a non-Herald ranger who plans to spend a lot of time there, explorer might help.

I'm not sure I like the idea of having wilderness spaces within the Inn itself. Never say never though. If we do an Inn face-lift, or revamp stuff, I'll put it up for debate and see if people opine.

What's your precise reasoning for this request?

KaguMaruMon 29-Jun-15 05:42 PM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59850, "It makes no sense. It's an inn, not the wilderness."
In response to Reply #2

I like that there are things in CF which maybe aren't perfectly balanced but are the way they are because they make sense. It's an inn! It's a product of civilization!

JaegendarMon 29-Jun-15 06:37 PM
Member since 30th May 2014
136 posts
#59854, "How dare you?"
In response to Reply #3

Feral Rangers demand a Sand Box in the inn!

This lack of consideration for the feline community is a gross offense!

Shame on you!

-Jae

MendosTue 30-Jun-15 12:47 AM
180 posts
#59868, "RE: It makes no sense. It's an inn, not the wilderness."
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Tue 30-Jun-15 01:12 AM

Like I said, not a huge fan of this. That is one of many reasons why it will probably never happen.

Another being camped out PKers picking low hanging fruit there. This is an important consideration if the Inn becomes a newbie hub.

MurphyTue 30-Jun-15 12:49 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59869, "Can't wilderness rooms be made no-camo?"
In response to Reply #13

nt

MendosTue 30-Jun-15 01:15 AM
180 posts
#59870, "It probably could."
In response to Reply #14

But not how things are coded now. It would need code-work and divert resources from other more important areas.

For the most part that sort of thing is tied into terrain type.

KstatidaTue 30-Jun-15 10:53 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59885, "Make it a swimming pool? :) NT"
In response to Reply #15

NT

MurphyMon 29-Jun-15 06:12 PM
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59853, "Perhaps make that edge avaliable to anyone for edge poi..."
In response to Reply #2

Well, to any ranger/druid.

Seriously, cabal edges are near impossible to get for 99% of the playerbase.

incognitoMon 29-Jun-15 11:11 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59864, "That edge is a bit op"
In response to Reply #4

I don't think it should be available to all. At least, not when it allows them to camo in other cabals than their own.

I still remember that scion brutalising fort with it.

MurphyTue 30-Jun-15 12:44 AM
1639 posts
#59866, "I'm not talking of the one that lets you camo."
In response to Reply #10

Just the one that lets Inn time count as wilderness time.

Serial Herald (Anonymous)Mon 29-Jun-15 07:07 PM
Charter member
#59856, "RE: There are a few things here."
In response to Reply #2

My idea is simple. There is wilderness before the actual Inn (outside the Inn Guard) and behind the Inn (separate area not showing up on where). If I'm a ranger/druid that wants to be part of the core Inn (gambler, story-telling fire, the bar), I have to probably lose quite a bit of wilderness time.

On the subject of explorer, IIRC wilderness time is still a big factor for them... but I could be wrong.

DestuviusMon 29-Jun-15 07:34 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#59857, "Chances are if youre a ranger/druid who wants to do tha..."
In response to Reply #6

You are a Herald and are probably on the short list of people who would get that edge that was put in just for those classes.

Perpetual_NoobMon 29-Jun-15 09:34 PM
Member since 28th Jul 2012
358 posts
#59859, "What edge is this? n/t"
In response to Reply #7

n/t

DestuviusMon 29-Jun-15 09:35 PM
1012 posts
#59860, "Now I can't remember the name of it"
In response to Reply #8

Its a Herald cabal edge that, in a nutshell, makes bar time = wilderness time.

MurphyTue 30-Jun-15 12:46 AM
1639 posts
#59867, "Chances are, by the time you prove your RP"
In response to Reply #9
Edited on Tue 30-Jun-15 12:54 AM

enough to get that edge set by an Imm, your wilderness time is already FUBAR.

EDIT: Unless it retroactively recalculates things making all the previous Inn time count. But even then, why not just make it avaliable to take like any other edge? With ImmXP requirement if you're so inclined.

EDITEDIT: It might be just me since I hoard my wilderness time like crazy and get anxious if I spend more than 3-4 ticks outside the wilds. When I play a ranger, I likely end up with 95% or so (and 75% is the threshold for non-explorers).

But some other guy who specifically played a Herald ranger told me he had huge trouble with wilds time.

DestuviusTue 30-Jun-15 01:26 AM
1012 posts
#59871, "Its a fairly new (around a year) cabal edge nt"
In response to Reply #12

nt

MurphyTue 30-Jun-15 02:35 AM
1639 posts
#59873, "I'll just say this"
In response to Reply #16

I've conditioned myself to be a pessimist in regards to whether my character is going to receive anything from Immortals.

If I played expecting to have cabal edges, I'd probably end up strangling myself. Because I've NEVER had a cabal edge.

It's logical because Immortals can't see and appreciate everything, no matter how hard they try, some (many!) people will still fly under the radar. I'm at peace with it. But please, please, don't use that cabal edge's existence as an argument. That edge might as well not exist.

There needs to be some other option.

DestuviusTue 30-Jun-15 05:05 AM
1012 posts
#59874, "Fwiw"
In response to Reply #18

since the edge was created, any char that would benefit from having it as a Herald has received it within less than a week of getting inducted.

MendosTue 30-Jun-15 01:28 AM
180 posts
#59872, "RE: Explorer."
In response to Reply #6

Caps your losses relative to other builds where wilderness time is concerned, among other things.

Whereas other rangers have maybe five (i think?) tiers of how "wilderness savvy" they are, explorer removes most of the lower tiers.

You still wouldn't be as amazing as an exclusively uncaballed/Outtie ranger with good wilderness time, but you wouldn't be awful either.

It is a definite option for someone who is considering Herald RangerGuy. So much so, I think I would probably opt for it myself.

Perpetual_NoobSat 27-Jun-15 12:24 PM
Member since 28th Jul 2012
358 posts
#59823, "Perhaps they could make the cellar a cave..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sat 27-Jun-15 12:25 PM

Or Turn the brawling room (which is rarely used since the arena) into a lush garden. Also the Arena should be near the Inn IMHO. Most arena #### starts out from drinking in the Inn.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #59820 Previous topic | Next topic