Subject: "RE: learning/exp bonuses" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #58776
Show all folders

LhydiaTue 17-Mar-15 07:33 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58776, "RE: learning/exp bonuses"

Am I smoking purple crack or when bonuses were first implemented they rotated and weren't on a fixed system midnight to 3am time period?

I could have sworn they changed time periods automatically to cover all play times. It seems like they are mostly midnight and later for the last several months unless it is a nonscheduled bonus.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Bonuses, Umiron, 18-Mar-15 11:06 AM, #6
Reply RE: learning/exp bonuses, Akresius, 18-Mar-15 06:53 AM, #1
     Reply Thanks. We're they supposed to be on a rotation? n/t, Lhydia, 18-Mar-15 07:45 AM, #2
          Reply Yes., Kalageadon, 18-Mar-15 08:33 AM, #3
          Reply Nope, Bemused, 18-Mar-15 09:00 AM, #4
               Reply You're right about weekly bonus., Kalageadon, 18-Mar-15 09:27 AM, #5
                    Reply RE: You're right about weekly bonus., Destuvius, 18-Mar-15 12:31 PM, #7

UmironWed 18-Mar-15 11:06 AM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58792, "RE: Bonuses"
In response to Reply #0

It sounds like the system we have for handling these might be wonky. I left a note for the IMPs since it'll likely take one of them to fix the problem.

AkresiusWed 18-Mar-15 06:53 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58787, "RE: learning/exp bonuses"
In response to Reply #0

You're not smoking purple crack alone... For my last mortal or two, I've also noticed a lot of scheduled bonuses occurring on or around the midnight hour EST. I may be wrong, but I share your perception.

LhydiaWed 18-Mar-15 07:45 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58788, "Thanks. We're they supposed to be on a rotation? n/t"
In response to Reply #1

>You're not smoking purple crack alone... For my last mortal
>or two, I've also noticed a lot of scheduled bonuses occurring
>on or around the midnight hour EST. I may be wrong, but I
>share your perception.

KalageadonWed 18-Mar-15 08:33 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1049 posts
#58789, "Yes."
In response to Reply #2

I'm fairly certain that I remember Zulg saying they were on a loop, starting at midnight then rotating 1, 2, 3...10, 11... And so on. Each block for a different day so that no time was to get over rewarded. I'm no expert but it could be that it's resetting every time the game resets, or a manual bonus is enacted rather than a constant loop. Who knows but yeah I'm fairly certain that it is supposed to be a rotating loop.

BemusedWed 18-Mar-15 09:00 AM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
#58790, "Nope"
In response to Reply #2

Zulg set them at that time to encourage more people to play during off peak hours and to aid those people trying to group at low points. It is obviously a lot harder to find a group when there is 5 people on as opposed to 30+.

KalageadonWed 18-Mar-15 09:27 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1049 posts
#58791, "You're right about weekly bonus."
In response to Reply #4

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=3&topic_id=2637&mesg_id=2637&listing_type=search

Says there is weekly bonus based on player playing times. I don't know why I thought it was supposed to rotate. I could have sworn it was supposed to do that to have a bit of fairness to people who play from all over.

DestuviusWed 18-Mar-15 12:31 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#58793, "RE: You're right about weekly bonus."
In response to Reply #5

That is the automated reboot schedule. Its not just a flat X days, it is X days + 1hr (maybe 2) I can't remember the exact numbers. But it was to make sure that everyone had the opportunity to find the loots or limited slots after an auto reboot.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #58776 Previous topic | Next topic