Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: learning/exp bonuses
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=58776
58776, RE: learning/exp bonuses
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Am I smoking purple crack or when bonuses were first implemented they rotated and weren't on a fixed system midnight to 3am time period?

I could have sworn they changed time periods automatically to cover all play times. It seems like they are mostly midnight and later for the last several months unless it is a nonscheduled bonus.
58792, RE: Bonuses
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It sounds like the system we have for handling these might be wonky. I left a note for the IMPs since it'll likely take one of them to fix the problem.
58787, RE: learning/exp bonuses
Posted by Akresius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're not smoking purple crack alone... For my last mortal or two, I've also noticed a lot of scheduled bonuses occurring on or around the midnight hour EST. I may be wrong, but I share your perception.
58788, Thanks. We're they supposed to be on a rotation? n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>You're not smoking purple crack alone... For my last mortal
>or two, I've also noticed a lot of scheduled bonuses occurring
>on or around the midnight hour EST. I may be wrong, but I
>share your perception.
58789, Yes.
Posted by Kalageadon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm fairly certain that I remember Zulg saying they were on a loop, starting at midnight then rotating 1, 2, 3...10, 11... And so on. Each block for a different day so that no time was to get over rewarded. I'm no expert but it could be that it's resetting every time the game resets, or a manual bonus is enacted rather than a constant loop. Who knows but yeah I'm fairly certain that it is supposed to be a rotating loop.
58790, Nope
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Zulg set them at that time to encourage more people to play during off peak hours and to aid those people trying to group at low points. It is obviously a lot harder to find a group when there is 5 people on as opposed to 30+.
58791, You're right about weekly bonus.
Posted by Kalageadon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=3&topic_id=2637&mesg_id=2637&listing_type=search

Says there is weekly bonus based on player playing times. I don't know why I thought it was supposed to rotate. I could have sworn it was supposed to do that to have a bit of fairness to people who play from all over.
58793, RE: You're right about weekly bonus.
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That is the automated reboot schedule. Its not just a flat X days, it is X days + 1hr (maybe 2) I can't remember the exact numbers. But it was to make sure that everyone had the opportunity to find the loots or limited slots after an auto reboot.