Subject: "(Complaining) God I hate you guys for that." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #5628
Show all folders

BeerTue 24-Aug-04 05:50 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
322 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5628, "(Complaining) God I hate you guys for that."

You run out of mouvement...you die...and STILL don't have mouvement...now how can someone return quick enough to keep his trinkets? Hm? HM? It's happenning to me for too many times now...a bitch I tell you!

Now why is it that way?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (Complaining) God I hate you guys for that., Valguarnera, 26-Aug-04 10:14 PM, #8
Reply RE: (Complaining) God I hate you guys for that., Audriel, 24-Aug-04 06:27 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (Complaining) God I hate you guys for that., SandDemon, 24-Aug-04 06:46 PM, #2
     Reply RE: (Complaining) God I hate you guys for that., Audriel, 24-Aug-04 06:59 PM, #3
          Reply I beleive if you die with mvs they carry over, same wit..., Laearrist, 24-Aug-04 07:45 PM, #4
     Reply Eh???, Beer, 25-Aug-04 05:43 AM, #5
          Reply I think I raised this a while back, Theerkla, 25-Aug-04 08:00 AM, #6
               Reply We'll kick it around., Valguarnera, 25-Aug-04 08:32 AM, #7

ValguarneraThu 26-Aug-04 10:14 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5651, "RE: (Complaining) God I hate you guys for that."
In response to Reply #0

1) I'm sad that I worked on this after such a bitchy post. In the future, you can express your displeasure without all the bitchy.

2) For next crash/reboot, if you die, the minimum movement you'll come back with is significantly higher. This will not apply if you die while still a ghost, because that can lead to badness.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

AudrielTue 24-Aug-04 06:27 PM
Member since 14th Aug 2004
24 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5633, "RE: (Complaining) God I hate you guys for that."
In response to Reply #0

You run out of mouvement...you die...and STILL don't have mouvement...now how can someone return quick enough to keep his trinkets? Hm? HM? It's happenning to me for too many times now...a bitch I tell you!

Now why is it that way?

I sympathize with you completely. People often forget that every character element is important. Exhaustion, hunger, thirst, and economic concerns are easily overlooked.

Just make sure you are stocked with food, water and a few spare copper coins. This takes a couple minutes at most - even for a level 1 character. OUTFIT is your friend. Plan your routes carefully.

There are relatively easy ways to increase your stamina as well. You can earn extra bonuses for wandering and exploring, also. It makes a difference.

You'll be fine. Go kill!

SandDemonTue 24-Aug-04 06:46 PM
Member since 12th Apr 2004
101 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5636, "RE: (Complaining) God I hate you guys for that."
In response to Reply #1

I think the complainer was complaining about a PK situation.

Shaman/necro/etc drains all your movement, then kills you. Suddenly you're a ghost, and have no movement to even have a chance to make it to your corpse.

Yeah, it sucks - I agree with him, but eh....not sure of a fix.

Despite the fact that my weapons and armor are in desperate need of repair, I blow the entire king's reward on Ale and Whores!

AudrielTue 24-Aug-04 06:55 PM
Member since 14th Aug 2004
24 posts
#5637, "RE: (Complaining) God I hate you guys for that."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Tue 24-Aug-04 06:59 PM

I think the complainer was complaining about a PK situation.

Shaman/necro/etc drains all your movement, then kills you. Suddenly you're a ghost, and have no movement to even have a chance to make it to your corpse.

Yeah, it sucks - I agree with him, but eh....not sure of a fix.

I've been there, and done it to others as well. But how is dying to a necro/shaman any different from dying from some other cause? A fresh ghost has no moves irrespective of how she died....?? (I haven't died for lack of mvs in awhile)

Getting your things back is one of CF's greatest luxuries.

LaearristTue 24-Aug-04 07:45 PM
289 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5638, "I beleive if you die with mvs they carry over, same wit..."
In response to Reply #3

BeerWed 25-Aug-04 05:43 AM
322 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5641, "Eh???"
In response to Reply #1

Not a new player there...

I meant if you walk somewhere, get to rest because you don't have mouvement (Mostly in the lowbie range) and suddently, someone walks by, sees you and kills you. You got the same amount of mouvement that you had back there so...you died at 0% of mouvement, you stay at 0. Which isn't cool. But hey, if nothing can be done and I gotta live with it...I'll just either rest more often or play empowered class with the refresh supplication from now on!

TheerklaWed 25-Aug-04 08:00 AM
1055 posts
#5642, "I think I raised this a while back"
In response to Reply #5

I just can't remember the response (other than to note that it was never implemented). I've always felt it would be a boon to regearing if moves got set to 100% when you have been killed.

ValguarneraWed 25-Aug-04 08:32 AM
6904 posts
#5643, "We'll kick it around."
In response to Reply #6

I've always felt it would be a boon to regearing if moves got set to 100% when you have been killed.

Among other things, not all of them good. I've proposed an intermediate plan that would hopefully mitigate some of those other problems, and we'll see what the staff thinks.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #5628 Previous topic | Next topic