Subject: "Bindhands and 2h wields" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #54755
Show all folders

Varick (Anonymous)Thu 03-Apr-14 02:48 PM
Charter member
#54755, "Bindhands and 2h wields"

why is it bindhands drops offhand weapons/held items/shields but not 2h weapons?

It would seem to me that if the implication (CF wise) of tying someone's hands behind their back is that they can no longer use their off-hand to hold something, that wielding a 2h weapon should be "out of bounds" as well.

Is this something you guys would consider?

Thank you.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DaevrynThu 03-Apr-14 06:13 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54763, "RE: Bindhands and 2h wields"
In response to Reply #0

While I wasn't part of the thief revamp team, my understanding is that they made a game balance decision that allowing bindhands to clean out two-handed weapons would make those kinds of builds about unplayable while a binder thief was around -- and that none of those builds were considered especially strong.

I may reconsider if a polearm A-P kills 500 people but this logic still seems sound to me.

VilhazarogThu 03-Apr-14 04:52 PM
Member since 30th Aug 2012
192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54762, "RE: Bindhands and 2h wields"
In response to Reply #0

I won't comment from a game balance perspective.

But nowhere does it say your hands are tied behind your back. You can still fight with a one handed weapon, I'm sure if we changed it we'd get someone complaining about why can't he wield his two handed sword with his hands tied together, your hands are together when you hold a two handed sword anyway.

incognitoThu 03-Apr-14 04:06 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54760, "would suck for spear aps"
In response to Reply #0

Basically you could kill any spearwielding ap with decent charges.

laxmanThu 03-Apr-14 03:26 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#54756, "likely a balance decision at the time"
In response to Reply #0

You got a lot going for you if you manage to get someone knocked out. Being able to remove 1 weapon with essentially no risk is pretty cool. You want to remove both you need to attempt a sleeping disarm.

Nothing is stopping you from using sleeping disarm against 2-handed weapons.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #54755 Previous topic | Next topic