Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectBindhands and 2h wields
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=54755
54755, Bindhands and 2h wields
Posted by Varick on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
why is it bindhands drops offhand weapons/held items/shields but not 2h weapons?

It would seem to me that if the implication (CF wise) of tying someone's hands behind their back is that they can no longer use their off-hand to hold something, that wielding a 2h weapon should be "out of bounds" as well.

Is this something you guys would consider?

Thank you.
54763, RE: Bindhands and 2h wields
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
While I wasn't part of the thief revamp team, my understanding is that they made a game balance decision that allowing bindhands to clean out two-handed weapons would make those kinds of builds about unplayable while a binder thief was around -- and that none of those builds were considered especially strong.

I may reconsider if a polearm A-P kills 500 people but this logic still seems sound to me.
54762, RE: Bindhands and 2h wields
Posted by Vilhazarog on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I won't comment from a game balance perspective.

But nowhere does it say your hands are tied behind your back. You can still fight with a one handed weapon, I'm sure if we changed it we'd get someone complaining about why can't he wield his two handed sword with his hands tied together, your hands are together when you hold a two handed sword anyway.
54760, would suck for spear aps
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Basically you could kill any spearwielding ap with decent charges.
54756, likely a balance decision at the time
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You got a lot going for you if you manage to get someone knocked out. Being able to remove 1 weapon with essentially no risk is pretty cool. You want to remove both you need to attempt a sleeping disarm.

Nothing is stopping you from using sleeping disarm against 2-handed weapons.