Subject: "Being WANTED" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #54241
Show all folders

ArtificialThu 20-Feb-14 01:22 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54241, "Being WANTED"

Is there any way that we could make it less horrible to be wanted at a low level?

Heroes don't care very much if they're wanted. Get wanted sub 30 especially as a non outlander and it is just misery.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply If you are new, then yes, its mess., Voralian (NOT Krilcov), 27-Feb-14 09:08 PM, #7
Reply RE: Being WANTED, Umiron, 20-Feb-14 09:26 AM, #2
Reply RE: Being WANTED, Eskelian, 20-Feb-14 09:58 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Being WANTED, Umiron, 20-Feb-14 10:06 AM, #4
          Reply To be fair, Entropy powers were sick. Arbiter needed so..., Warren, 20-Feb-14 03:41 PM, #5
          Reply Ah, reading fail on my part. Derp. n/t, Eskelian, 20-Feb-14 04:48 PM, #6
Reply Easy strategy to avoid being WANTED at low levels..., Lhydia, 20-Feb-14 07:10 AM, #1

Voralian (NOT Krilcov)Thu 27-Feb-14 09:08 PM
Charter member
#54381, "If you are new, then yes, its mess."
In response to Reply #0

I have NO problem with being wanted. The problem you
may have is not having enough moves. If you move fast
enough the guards wont auto you. Do a where on enforcer
take new routes. You can buy return and get teleports
out of town.

Good luck

UmironThu 20-Feb-14 09:26 AM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54244, "RE: Being WANTED"
In response to Reply #0

My cheeky answer is what Lhydia said. If you absolutely must land that kill or have that piece of gear, then potentially getting wanted is the proposition you need to be okay with. When someone gets wanted, they usually saw it coming.

In general though, I would argue that being wanted at the lower levels isn't so much dangerous as it is inconvenient (I'm not sure if that counts as "misery"), which is probably a nice compromise between the Arbiter days and being wanted having no consequences at all.

EskelianThu 20-Feb-14 09:58 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2023 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54246, "RE: Being WANTED"
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Thu 20-Feb-14 09:58 AM

"In general though, I would argue that being wanted at the lower levels isn't so much dangerous as it is inconvenient (I'm not sure if that counts as "misery"), which is probably a nice compromise between the Arbiter days and being wanted having no consequences at all."

Back during Arbiter days I'm pretty sure I was allowed to use my Arbiter powers anywhere. Perma-detect hidden, guards all the time, guard channel, etc. Am I misremembering?

UmironThu 20-Feb-14 10:06 AM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54247, "RE: Being WANTED"
In response to Reply #3

>Back during Arbiter days I'm pretty sure I was allowed to use
>my Arbiter powers anywhere. Perma-detect hidden, guards all
>the time, guard channel, etc. Am I misremembering?

Nope. That was my point: criminals have it a lot easier today than they did back then, and thus the current design somewhere in between that what OP seems to want.

WarrenThu 20-Feb-14 03:41 PM
Member since 17th Dec 2012
396 posts
#54254, "To be fair, Entropy powers were sick. Arbiter needed so..."
In response to Reply #4

n/t

EskelianThu 20-Feb-14 04:48 PM
2023 posts
#54256, "Ah, reading fail on my part. Derp. n/t"
In response to Reply #4

n/t

LhydiaThu 20-Feb-14 07:10 AM
2391 posts
#54243, "Easy strategy to avoid being WANTED at low levels..."
In response to Reply #0

Don't break the law.

Whoa.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #54241 Previous topic | Next topic