Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectBeing WANTED
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=54241
54241, Being WANTED
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is there any way that we could make it less horrible to be wanted at a low level?

Heroes don't care very much if they're wanted. Get wanted sub 30 especially as a non outlander and it is just misery.
54381, If you are new, then yes, its mess.
Posted by Krilcov on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have NO problem with being wanted. The problem you
may have is not having enough moves. If you move fast
enough the guards wont auto you. Do a where on enforcer
take new routes. You can buy return and get teleports
out of town.

Good luck
54244, RE: Being WANTED
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My cheeky answer is what Lhydia said. If you absolutely must land that kill or have that piece of gear, then potentially getting wanted is the proposition you need to be okay with. When someone gets wanted, they usually saw it coming.

In general though, I would argue that being wanted at the lower levels isn't so much dangerous as it is inconvenient (I'm not sure if that counts as "misery"), which is probably a nice compromise between the Arbiter days and being wanted having no consequences at all.
54246, RE: Being WANTED
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"In general though, I would argue that being wanted at the lower levels isn't so much dangerous as it is inconvenient (I'm not sure if that counts as "misery"), which is probably a nice compromise between the Arbiter days and being wanted having no consequences at all."

Back during Arbiter days I'm pretty sure I was allowed to use my Arbiter powers anywhere. Perma-detect hidden, guards all the time, guard channel, etc. Am I misremembering?
54247, RE: Being WANTED
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>Back during Arbiter days I'm pretty sure I was allowed to use
>my Arbiter powers anywhere. Perma-detect hidden, guards all
>the time, guard channel, etc. Am I misremembering?

Nope. That was my point: criminals have it a lot easier today than they did back then, and thus the current design somewhere in between that what OP seems to want.
54254, To be fair, Entropy powers were sick. Arbiter needed some rock to the scissors. n/t
Posted by Warren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
54256, Ah, reading fail on my part. Derp. n/t
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
54243, Easy strategy to avoid being WANTED at low levels...
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't break the law.

Whoa.