Subject: "Question for Daev/Twist/IMP on spellbane function" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #53237
Show all folders

SarienFri 13-Dec-13 04:43 PM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53237, "Question for Daev/Twist/IMP on spellbane function"
Edited on Fri 13-Dec-13 04:43 PM

How does spellbane actually work? Does it check to see if you saved vs specific spell, and if you make the save the result is the spell is 'spellbaned'?

Or, is it its own "thing" seperate from saves vs spell entirely?

I guess what I am asking is, what if anything determines if spellbane "works" on any given spell.

I am curious as to if there would be a benefit for a rager warrior to take calming the tempest. Would this make him into super-spellbane boy? what with spellbane/warcry/calming/svs gear? Or, would the additional legacy and svs spell not really have that much affect on spellbane frequency assuming that the warrior already has decent saves/warcry/spellbane up.

Also do specific spells have higher chances/etc of being spellbaned? or is it a "one size fits all"

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Question for Daev/Twist/IMP on spellbane function, Daevryn, 13-Dec-13 06:48 PM, #1
     Reply Wait!, Artificial, 13-Dec-13 07:28 PM, #2
          Reply And when you do win they aren't worth any charges :(, KaguMaru, 13-Dec-13 08:15 PM, #3
          Reply You are the reason we have spellbane :P, Zephon, 13-Dec-13 08:17 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Wait!, Sarien, 13-Dec-13 08:55 PM, #5
               Reply Yes, and, Daevryn, 13-Dec-13 11:59 PM, #6
                    Reply RE: Yes, and, Sarien, 14-Dec-13 11:53 AM, #7
                         Reply RE: Yes, and, Daevryn, 14-Dec-13 03:34 PM, #8

DaevrynFri 13-Dec-13 06:48 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53242, "RE: Question for Daev/Twist/IMP on spellbane function"
In response to Reply #0

It's its own thing, which cares about spell saves. Calming would be very helpful with spellbane function. That being said, I don't know about anyone else but when I play Battle I basically never die to mages (not counting shifters here since bane isn't really a factor).

A spell can either be baned or it can't (e.g. area spells for non-thirsting Battle).

ArtificialFri 13-Dec-13 07:25 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#53243, "Wait!"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Fri 13-Dec-13 07:28 PM

I thought ragers were a joke for everyone to kill?

And wouldn't spellbane being so good that you never die to mages indicate that it is a bit TOO good?

Edit: When I play mages (I only play mages) my greatest opponents are ALWAYS ragers. And they don't even need to be skilled players, just have pincer and spellbane, and I need to treat them like they are 5x more skilled than I am if I hope to win.

KaguMaruFri 13-Dec-13 08:15 PM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
#53244, "And when you do win they aren't worth any charges :("
In response to Reply #2

nt

ZephonFri 13-Dec-13 08:17 PM
Member since 21st Mar 2007
488 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53245, "You are the reason we have spellbane :P"
In response to Reply #2

lol, sorry, I could not resist.

SarienFri 13-Dec-13 08:55 PM
740 posts
#53246, "RE: Wait!"
In response to Reply #2

Alright, I don't usually jump to the defense of the IMM's but..

He said when 'he' plays ragers he doesn't die to mages.

The battlefield is chock full of pleanty of ragers who DO die to mages...a lot....moreso than those who 'never' do.

Comparing every rager alive to a Daevryn played rager is silly. If I can kill them, you can kill them.

DaevrynFri 13-Dec-13 11:59 PM
11117 posts
#53247, "Yes, and"
In response to Reply #5

I die -- just, not to that.

So for me, personally, Calming wouldn't be the best choice, even if I think mechanically it's really strong for Battle.

SarienSat 14-Dec-13 11:53 AM
740 posts
#53249, "RE: Yes, and"
In response to Reply #6

Followup question: Twist posted on his xmas board that the 'best' chance you could ever get to evade was about 12% max.

What is the 'best' chance you can get to spellbane a spell?

DaevrynSat 14-Dec-13 03:34 PM
11117 posts
#53252, "RE: Yes, and"
In response to Reply #7

It's in the ballpark of 80-90% max success rate. (A character with Calming could actually exceed that by a bit.)

Side note: that 12% is theoretical and I doubt many characters even crack double digits.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #53237 Previous topic | Next topic