Subject: "A request to see more of something from the IMMs" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #38887
Show all folders

HomardThu 07-Jul-11 02:55 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38887, "A request to see more of something from the IMMs"

At first I thought that this was the sort of thing that wouldn't happen, but now that I see that multiple members of the staff are looking at warcries, I figured it's worth a shot.

I'd like to see more custom descriptions for PCs when you see them in a room. I know that Ohbehb had a very cool one, but I'm not even looking for them to be so detailed. Just something that shows whatever trait is most noticable for the character in question, assuming their RP and presence is quality enough to warrant it, like a last name.

Jindicho the disfigured human is here.
Homard the huge-nosed svirfneblin is here.

Stuff like that.

Ideas?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RayihnThu 07-Jul-11 04:28 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38891, "RE: A request to see more of something from the IMMs"
In response to Reply #0

You're right, we probably should do this more often. It's even a relatively low level imm ability to change, I just never think about doing it. At the same time, one downside (and reason I do avoid it at times) is that if someone has a custom long, when you scan to the room with them it doesn't show them fighting if they are. Generally because of the (albeit small amount of) havoc this causes on game mecahnics, if I want to give a reward I'll give an edge or title or somesuch instead.

HomardThu 07-Jul-11 09:24 PM
959 posts
#38900, "I see where you're coming from."
In response to Reply #1

But I also think that there are certain things that don't really warrant a title, but which would be impossible not to notice if the guy walked into the room.

It sucks that a description can truncate information, but I'd figure that if you maxed out the length to be no longer than the longest invoker shield ("crackling with electricity" maybe) you'd be fine.

Fleeburt the ugliest orc is here.
Agalanthius the earless elf is here.

I dunno. I'd just like to see it.

Thanks for your input.

IsildurThu 07-Jul-11 09:38 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#38901, "RE: A request to see more of something from the IMMs"
In response to Reply #1

> if someone has a custom long, when you scan to the room with them it doesn't show them fighting if they are

That sounds like a bug. Get hubby to fix it!

AmberionSat 09-Jul-11 02:22 AM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
#38932, "I loved the one I got with Ckath, and as far as I remem..."
In response to Reply #1

...screw up the scanning for others from what I saw in logs: Ckath the demon-horned bird is here.

(Or was it demon-horned arial? At work so can't check it.) Anyways was a HUGE thing for my playing experience once I noticed it. Felt even better than a title. (Perhaps because it was the first and only time I've gotten one.)

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

HomardSat 09-Jul-11 08:52 AM
959 posts
#38936, "It was the demon-horned arial."
In response to Reply #4

And you're right. It was incredibly bad-ass.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #38887 Previous topic | Next topic