Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectA request to see more of something from the IMMs
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=38887
38887, A request to see more of something from the IMMs
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
At first I thought that this was the sort of thing that wouldn't happen, but now that I see that multiple members of the staff are looking at warcries, I figured it's worth a shot.

I'd like to see more custom descriptions for PCs when you see them in a room. I know that Ohbehb had a very cool one, but I'm not even looking for them to be so detailed. Just something that shows whatever trait is most noticable for the character in question, assuming their RP and presence is quality enough to warrant it, like a last name.

Jindicho the disfigured human is here.
Homard the huge-nosed svirfneblin is here.

Stuff like that.

Ideas?
38891, RE: A request to see more of something from the IMMs
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're right, we probably should do this more often. It's even a relatively low level imm ability to change, I just never think about doing it. At the same time, one downside (and reason I do avoid it at times) is that if someone has a custom long, when you scan to the room with them it doesn't show them fighting if they are. Generally because of the (albeit small amount of) havoc this causes on game mecahnics, if I want to give a reward I'll give an edge or title or somesuch instead.
38900, I see where you're coming from.
But I also think that there are certain things that don't really warrant a title, but which would be impossible not to notice if the guy walked into the room.

It sucks that a description can truncate information, but I'd figure that if you maxed out the length to be no longer than the longest invoker shield ("crackling with electricity" maybe) you'd be fine.

Fleeburt the ugliest orc is here.
Agalanthius the earless elf is here.

I dunno. I'd just like to see it.

Thanks for your input.
38901, RE: A request to see more of something from the IMMs
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
> if someone has a custom long, when you scan to the room with them it doesn't show them fighting if they are

That sounds like a bug. Get hubby to fix it!
38932, I loved the one I got with Ckath, and as far as I remember it didn't...
Posted by Amberion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...screw up the scanning for others from what I saw in logs: Ckath the demon-horned bird is here.

(Or was it demon-horned arial? At work so can't check it.) Anyways was a HUGE thing for my playing experience once I noticed it. :) Felt even better than a title. (Perhaps because it was the first and only time I've gotten one.)
38936, It was the demon-horned arial.
And you're right. It was incredibly bad-ass.