Subject: "Familiars and quest familiars" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #28634
Show all folders

AbernyteMon 23-Nov-09 07:46 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
973 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28634, "Familiars and quest familiars"

When awarded the guildmaster can tell you about their abilities and improvments compared to others of their kind.

Discuss guildmaster familiar. Familiar must be in the room with you.

-----Abernyte

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DaevrynMon 23-Nov-09 07:08 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28648, "I'm probably a sadist"
In response to Reply #0

So my opinion is only so valid, but I kind of like that if you, for example, delete a conjurer with the cherub at 17, you'll never see its best (my opinion) ability.

Abernytee (Guest)Tue 24-Nov-09 06:15 AM

#28667, "RE: I'm probably a sadist"
In response to Reply #2

By all means put a level cap on it or even make it a cheap edge with high level requirement but I was thinking more for those who recieve a questy familiar anyway, rather than the masses.

-----Abernyte

StraklawMon 23-Nov-09 04:22 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#28635, "Actually wouldn't mind that."
In response to Reply #0

At least in a general sense of what to look for. Like a general "X can influence the flow of mana.", "X can assist your bargaining with servants of chaos.", or "X can assist your stealth." Don't know if those powers actually exist, but examples. No need to specific exactly what it does, but I'd know what to look for.

Also, to avoid people just dashing up to 17 to check, I could see it being like prereq, in that you can't get anything pre-15. Low levels, you barely know your familiar. By the time you're higher level, it seems more reasonable that you'd be able to tell what it does.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #28634 Previous topic | Next topic