Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectFamiliars and quest familiars
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=28634
28634, Familiars and quest familiars
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When awarded the guildmaster can tell you about their abilities and improvments compared to others of their kind.

Discuss guildmaster familiar. Familiar must be in the room with you.

-----Abernyte
28648, I'm probably a sadist
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So my opinion is only so valid, but I kind of like that if you, for example, delete a conjurer with the cherub at 17, you'll never see its best (my opinion) ability.
28667, RE: I'm probably a sadist
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
By all means put a level cap on it or even make it a cheap edge with high level requirement but I was thinking more for those who recieve a questy familiar anyway, rather than the masses.

-----Abernyte
28635, Actually wouldn't mind that.
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
At least in a general sense of what to look for. Like a general "X can influence the flow of mana.", "X can assist your bargaining with servants of chaos.", or "X can assist your stealth." Don't know if those powers actually exist, but examples. No need to specific exactly what it does, but I'd know what to look for.

Also, to avoid people just dashing up to 17 to check, I could see it being like prereq, in that you can't get anything pre-15. Low levels, you barely know your familiar. By the time you're higher level, it seems more reasonable that you'd be able to tell what it does.