Subject: "A few questions on Bearcharge" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #11167
Show all folders

Some_Random_GuyTue 06-Dec-05 04:36 PM
Member since 11th May 2005
13 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11167, "A few questions on Bearcharge"

The bearcharge helpfile is less detailed than the bash helpfile, leaving me with a few questions. Does weight affect the success/failure of a ranger's bearcharge? Is it less likely to succeed against a much smaller foe? Is it harder to bearcharge a target that is already directly fighting someone else, particularly someone large? Basically, does it have any or all of the same success/failure modifiers as bash?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

nepentheTue 06-Dec-05 04:43 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11168, "RE: A few questions on Bearcharge"
In response to Reply #0

Smaller targets are better for bearcharge. In this sense it's different from bash -- bash, you ideally want to be 1 size bigger, but 2 sizes and you can't bash. Bearcharge, bigger is always better.

I imagine the ganging-style difficulty mods are pretty similar with bearcharge vs. bash.

Weight I'm not sure about, but my rangers never whored out weight and my impression is that bearcharge is a lot better than most rangers seem to think it is, so I'm guessing it either doesn't matter or it doesn't matter an enormous amount.

Some_Random_GuyTue 06-Dec-05 05:23 PM
Member since 11th May 2005
13 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11169, "RE: A few questions on Bearcharge"
In response to Reply #1

Thanks, nepenthe. As for anti-ganging modifiers, I found a post by Sebeok that seems to answer that, in case anyone else was wondering:
"Bearcharge hasn't been changed other than the same sort of antigang stuff like bash,trip,etc have"

XaannixWed 07-Dec-05 07:18 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
499 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#11193, "I really like it when you answer"
In response to Reply #1

like this instead of your usual vague and ambiguous answers. Im guessing most people like that too.
You really should keep that up.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #11167 Previous topic | Next topic