Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectA few questions on Bearcharge
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=11167
11167, A few questions on Bearcharge
Posted by Some_Random_Guy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The bearcharge helpfile is less detailed than the bash helpfile, leaving me with a few questions. Does weight affect the success/failure of a ranger's bearcharge? Is it less likely to succeed against a much smaller foe? Is it harder to bearcharge a target that is already directly fighting someone else, particularly someone large? Basically, does it have any or all of the same success/failure modifiers as bash?
11168, RE: A few questions on Bearcharge
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Smaller targets are better for bearcharge. In this sense it's different from bash -- bash, you ideally want to be 1 size bigger, but 2 sizes and you can't bash. Bearcharge, bigger is always better.

I imagine the ganging-style difficulty mods are pretty similar with bearcharge vs. bash.

Weight I'm not sure about, but my rangers never whored out weight and my impression is that bearcharge is a lot better than most rangers seem to think it is, so I'm guessing it either doesn't matter or it doesn't matter an enormous amount.
11169, RE: A few questions on Bearcharge
Posted by Some_Random_Guy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks, nepenthe. As for anti-ganging modifiers, I found a post by Sebeok that seems to answer that, in case anyone else was wondering:
"Bearcharge hasn't been changed other than the same sort of antigang stuff like bash,trip,etc have"
11193, I really like it when you answer
Posted by Xaannix on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
like this instead of your usual vague and ambiguous answers. Im guessing most people like that too.
You really should keep that up.:P