Subject: "Some questions on improving lore skill" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #963
Show all folders

AvoidCXTWed 28-Sep-05 12:29 PM
Member since 14th Mar 2003
5 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#963, "Some questions on improving lore skill"

Does it have a higher chance of improving on a high level item?
Does it have a reduced chance of improving if I lore the same item over and over?
Is it considered bad rp to sit at the inn or another safe place and spam lore?
Basically, I want to know the best way to get my lore skill up to 100%, these are juts some more specific questions that came to mind.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AarnWed 28-Sep-05 03:56 PM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#966, "Tip"
In response to Reply #0

The Bestest Way(tm) to improve your lore skill as a mele-oriented class, is to spam it up while resting or sitting around as you rank up. You're not using much of your mana anyway, especially as a warrior. Before you rest from that pass through the battlefields or forest of nowhere, spam your mana out with lore on any random item, then go to sleep. Rinse, repeat. Later in life, you can still find down time to use it up. Doing a cabal interview? Waiting to find a group? etc etc.

Aarn

CorrlaanWed 28-Sep-05 12:43 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2005
195 posts
#964, "In general"
In response to Reply #0

There are going to be a lot of factors that go into improving your lore skill. Read Help Skill Improvement for more on that. Manipulating those factors might help you accomplish mastery a bit faster or they may not. It's hard to say what the end result will be seeing as there are so many factors that come into play.

I don't think spamming lore is a heinous crime because it doesn't echo to the room that you are doing that. It's no different than spamming hide to master hide as a thief.

If I'm wrong I'll be smited by someone bigger than me..

Corrlaan

Corrlaan followers are NICE. With a capital NICE!

ValguarneraWed 28-Sep-05 01:00 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#965, "Re: The spam rule:"
In response to Reply #1

I don't think spamming lore is a heinous crime because it doesn't echo to the room that you are doing that.

The spam rule is enforced when you cause excessive text to go across someone else's screen. You're always welcome to spam yourself, so long as your character is under your own control and responsive, i.e. not botting.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #963 Previous topic | Next topic