Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectSome questions on improving lore skill
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=963
963, Some questions on improving lore skill
Posted by AvoidCXT on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Does it have a higher chance of improving on a high level item?
Does it have a reduced chance of improving if I lore the same item over and over?
Is it considered bad rp to sit at the inn or another safe place and spam lore?
Basically, I want to know the best way to get my lore skill up to 100%, these are juts some more specific questions that came to mind.
966, Tip
Posted by Aarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The Bestest Way(tm) to improve your lore skill as a mele-oriented class, is to spam it up while resting or sitting around as you rank up. You're not using much of your mana anyway, especially as a warrior. Before you rest from that pass through the battlefields or forest of nowhere, spam your mana out with lore on any random item, then go to sleep. Rinse, repeat. Later in life, you can still find down time to use it up. Doing a cabal interview? Waiting to find a group? etc etc.

Aarn
964, In general
Posted by Corrlaan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

There are going to be a lot of factors that go into improving your lore skill. Read Help Skill Improvement for more on that. Manipulating those factors might help you accomplish mastery a bit faster or they may not. It's hard to say what the end result will be seeing as there are so many factors that come into play.

I don't think spamming lore is a heinous crime because it doesn't echo to the room that you are doing that. It's no different than spamming hide to master hide as a thief.

If I'm wrong I'll be smited by someone bigger than me..

Corrlaan

965, Re: The spam rule:
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't think spamming lore is a heinous crime because it doesn't echo to the room that you are doing that.

The spam rule is enforced when you cause excessive text to go across someone else's screen. You're always welcome to spam yourself, so long as your character is under your own control and responsive, i.e. not botting.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com