Subject: "Air Offense Shifters (shapefocus)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4144
Show all folders

Raptorial (Anonymous)Thu 27-Jun-13 07:32 AM
Charter member
#4144, "Air Offense Shifters (shapefocus)"

Air-Offense shifter seems to be a common choice for obvious reasons. Do most people take offense as their major and air as minor? I've not tried either yet, and wondering what is best of the two for major/minor.

Are the greater enlivens you get as an air major nice to have as an offense minor? Seems like the offense greater enlivens are going to be useful regardless. Tradeoffs?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Following up, what does Eyes of the Eagle do?, Raptorial (Anonymous), 18-Jul-13 06:11 AM, #6
Reply explanation, laxman, 18-Jul-13 01:37 PM, #7
Reply RE: Air Offense Shifters (shapefocus), Rayihn, 27-Jun-13 07:51 AM, #1
     Reply Thank you for sharing that., Tac, 27-Jun-13 11:05 AM, #2
          Reply RE: Thank you for sharing that., Daevryn, 27-Jun-13 07:52 PM, #3
               Reply how about rebalancing upper tier air form mv cost, laxman, 12-Jul-13 01:44 PM, #4
                    Reply Movement for air shifters has been tweaked quite a bit ..., Vonzamir, 13-Jul-13 03:13 PM, #5
                    Reply imho the only change I'd go for, incognito, 12-Aug-13 10:18 AM, #8

Raptorial (Anonymous)Thu 18-Jul-13 06:11 AM
Charter member
#4165, "Following up, what does Eyes of the Eagle do?"
In response to Reply #0

The helpfile is very vague and I haven't noticed this greater enliven do anything for me thus far, but mostly been using the others.

laxmanThu 18-Jul-13 01:37 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#4168, "explanation"
In response to Reply #6

When you are on the ground (and in form) your where reflects what you would see if you were in the sky above that area.

So for example if you are in market square of galadon you can see people on the outskirts of galadon.

RayihnThu 27-Jun-13 07:51 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4145, "RE: Air Offense Shifters (shapefocus)"
In response to Reply #0

Usually I'd suggest going air first. There are benefits to being an air major, being able to fly into and out of more places than an air minor.

TacThu 27-Jun-13 11:05 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4146, "Thank you for sharing that."
In response to Reply #1

That was information I didn't know and I don't recall being mentioned in the helpfile.

DaevrynThu 27-Jun-13 07:52 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#4147, "RE: Thank you for sharing that."
In response to Reply #2

I'm not sure this is correct with respect to final forms... but I want to say there is something along the lines of, your third form doesn't have fly restrictions worse than a second form even if it normally should?

laxmanFri 12-Jul-13 01:44 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#4158, "how about rebalancing upper tier air form mv cost"
In response to Reply #3

after creating explore exp and the associated bonus mv air forms were never rebalanced to account for the fact everyone has a lot more MV. Running out of Mv is so hard to do that it is almost a non issue any more.

Though my dream update would be to make fly have a chance to fail in pk adrenaline and a significant chance to fail in the middle of a fight. Just being able to search out kills and chase with flyto is tons of mobility advantage, the additional almost risk free get out of jail free card could be toned down and still leave the combo as highly viable.

VonzamirSat 13-Jul-13 03:13 PM
Member since 07th Jun 2011
659 posts
#4159, "Movement for air shifters has been tweaked quite a bit ..."
In response to Reply #4

And air forms have lost quite a bit of deadliness over the years, although they have gained in utility.

incognitoMon 12-Aug-13 10:18 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4178, "imho the only change I'd go for"
In response to Reply #4

Is to take peck skill away from defensive air forms.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4144 Previous topic | Next topic