Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectAir Offense Shifters (shapefocus)
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=4144
4144, Air Offense Shifters (shapefocus)
Posted by Raptorial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Air-Offense shifter seems to be a common choice for obvious reasons. Do most people take offense as their major and air as minor? I've not tried either yet, and wondering what is best of the two for major/minor.

Are the greater enlivens you get as an air major nice to have as an offense minor? Seems like the offense greater enlivens are going to be useful regardless. Tradeoffs?
4165, Following up, what does Eyes of the Eagle do?
Posted by Raptorial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

The helpfile is very vague and I haven't noticed this greater enliven do anything for me thus far, but mostly been using the others.
4168, explanation
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When you are on the ground (and in form) your where reflects what you would see if you were in the sky above that area.

So for example if you are in market square of galadon you can see people on the outskirts of galadon.
4145, RE: Air Offense Shifters (shapefocus)
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Usually I'd suggest going air first. There are benefits to being an air major, being able to fly into and out of more places than an air minor.
4146, Thank you for sharing that.
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That was information I didn't know and I don't recall being mentioned in the helpfile.
4147, RE: Thank you for sharing that.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm not sure this is correct with respect to final forms... but I want to say there is something along the lines of, your third form doesn't have fly restrictions worse than a second form even if it normally should?
4158, how about rebalancing upper tier air form mv cost
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
after creating explore exp and the associated bonus mv air forms were never rebalanced to account for the fact everyone has a lot more MV. Running out of Mv is so hard to do that it is almost a non issue any more.

Though my dream update would be to make fly have a chance to fail in pk adrenaline and a significant chance to fail in the middle of a fight. Just being able to search out kills and chase with flyto is tons of mobility advantage, the additional almost risk free get out of jail free card could be toned down and still leave the combo as highly viable.
4159, Movement for air shifters has been tweaked quite a bit over the years....
Posted by Vonzamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And air forms have lost quite a bit of deadliness over the years, although they have gained in utility.
4178, imho the only change I'd go for
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is to take peck skill away from defensive air forms.