Subject: "Wilderness time and the Inn of the Eternal Star" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4126
Show all folders

Newbie Ranger (Anonymous)Mon 10-Jun-13 01:01 AM
Charter member
#4126, "Wilderness time and the Inn of the Eternal Star"

There was some discussion about this on the newbie channel earlier, and an Imm suggested it be asked here.

Does time spent in the Inn count against wilderness time? The Imm said they thought it counted as time not in wilderness, but didn't hurt you. A player said that it was definitely bad. Whats the actual low down?

Thanks

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Wilderness time and the Inn of the Eternal Star, Daevryn, 13-Jun-13 10:29 PM, #5
Reply RE: Wilderness time and the Inn of the Eternal Star, Newbie Ranger (Anonymous), 14-Jun-13 06:03 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Wilderness time and the Inn of the Eternal Star, Daevryn, 14-Jun-13 07:32 PM, #7
Reply 4 days and no official response..., Newbie Ranger (Anonymous), 13-Jun-13 09:37 PM, #3
Reply To be fair..., Onewingedangel, 13-Jun-13 09:43 PM, #4
Reply Well, there are wilderness rooms in that area., TMNS, 10-Jun-13 05:38 PM, #2
Reply While this is being brought up..., Dano, 10-Jun-13 10:02 AM, #1

DaevrynThu 13-Jun-13 10:29 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4134, "RE: Wilderness time and the Inn of the Eternal Star"
In response to Reply #0

Honestly I'm surprised this kind of question even comes up since it shows in your prompt now.

No, the inn is not wilderness and thereby counts as time not spent in the wilderness.

Newbie Ranger (Anonymous)Fri 14-Jun-13 06:03 PM
Charter member
#4135, "RE: Wilderness time and the Inn of the Eternal Star"
In response to Reply #5

Curious, I've seen it stated that the ratio is about 1/4 civilized 3/4 wilderness to keep the at home. How is the ratio with an explorer ranger? And is it wanderlust that lets them work outside of wilderness, or is it something hardcoded to being an explorer that does such?

DaevrynFri 14-Jun-13 07:32 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4136, "RE: Wilderness time and the Inn of the Eternal Star"
In response to Reply #6

Wanderlust essentially backstops your wild time so it can never get into bad country, but it doesn't make it great/good if it's just okay.

Newbie Ranger (Anonymous)Thu 13-Jun-13 09:37 PM
Charter member
#4132, "4 days and no official response..."
In response to Reply #0

but plenty of time to argue with people in the gameplay forum?

OnewingedangelThu 13-Jun-13 09:43 PM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
#4133, "To be fair..."
In response to Reply #3

The other two responses pretty much answered it, and the Imms are sort of understaffed at the moment...I mean, I've been waiting for a while now for a bug that completely cripples my character, but oh well, I'm still trying to do things for now. Just have to be patient sometimes.

TMNSMon 10-Jun-13 05:38 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#4128, "Well, there are wilderness rooms in that area."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 10-Jun-13 05:38 PM

Like, for example, at the druid at the shrine, you can camo (I'm pretty sure at least). I also know behind the Inn there seem like there are some wilderness rooms.

But sitting at the bar RPing will drop your wilderness time.

DanoMon 10-Jun-13 10:02 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#4127, "While this is being brought up..."
In response to Reply #0

There was a debate not long ago about whether time spent in the academy would negatively impact your wilderness familiarity (or ratio). While, it was believed it didn't, it's clear on a 'score' that your comfort for the wilderness definitely drops while in there. Is there an actual effect, or impediment to lingering i the academy as a new character / player as a ranger?

If that's the case, I would see it as a definite impediment to the early development of a new character. As it is right now, when I make a ranger, I made sure to run for the bush as soon as I seen fit to do so.

"There's three ways to do something: The right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way."
-Max Power

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4126 Previous topic | Next topic