Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectWilderness time and the Inn of the Eternal Star
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=4126
4126, Wilderness time and the Inn of the Eternal Star
Posted by Newbie Ranger on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There was some discussion about this on the newbie channel earlier, and an Imm suggested it be asked here.

Does time spent in the Inn count against wilderness time? The Imm said they thought it counted as time not in wilderness, but didn't hurt you. A player said that it was definitely bad. Whats the actual low down?

Thanks
4134, RE: Wilderness time and the Inn of the Eternal Star
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Honestly I'm surprised this kind of question even comes up since it shows in your prompt now.

No, the inn is not wilderness and thereby counts as time not spent in the wilderness.
4135, RE: Wilderness time and the Inn of the Eternal Star
Curious, I've seen it stated that the ratio is about 1/4 civilized 3/4 wilderness to keep the at home. How is the ratio with an explorer ranger? And is it wanderlust that lets them work outside of wilderness, or is it something hardcoded to being an explorer that does such?
4136, RE: Wilderness time and the Inn of the Eternal Star
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wanderlust essentially backstops your wild time so it can never get into bad country, but it doesn't make it great/good if it's just okay.
4132, 4 days and no official response...
but plenty of time to argue with people in the gameplay forum?
4133, To be fair...
Posted by Onewingedangel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The other two responses pretty much answered it, and the Imms are sort of understaffed at the moment...I mean, I've been waiting for a while now for a bug that completely cripples my character, but oh well, I'm still trying to do things for now. Just have to be patient sometimes.
4128, Well, there are wilderness rooms in that area.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Like, for example, at the druid at the shrine, you can camo (I'm pretty sure at least). I also know behind the Inn there seem like there are some wilderness rooms.

But sitting at the bar RPing will drop your wilderness time.
4127, While this is being brought up...
Posted by Dano on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There was a debate not long ago about whether time spent in the academy would negatively impact your wilderness familiarity (or ratio). While, it was believed it didn't, it's clear on a 'score' that your comfort for the wilderness definitely drops while in there. Is there an actual effect, or impediment to lingering i the academy as a new character / player as a ranger?

If that's the case, I would see it as a definite impediment to the early development of a new character. As it is right now, when I make a ranger, I made sure to run for the bush as soon as I seen fit to do so.