Subject: "Assassin Kicks" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4059
Show all folders

Club Foot (Anonymous)Mon 08-Apr-13 04:13 PM
Charter member
#4059, "Assassin Kicks"

Could somebody fill me in on the use of some of the Assassins kicks? I understand crescent, mule and axe kicking, but I am not quite sure what the purpose of certain kicks are. I know that scissor kick can lag, but is it worth the lag to yourself vs. something like a throw?

Was just curious if anybody could help?

Thanks!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Assassin Kicks, kolb, 08-Apr-13 05:03 PM, #1
     Reply Scissor kick, incognito, 09-Apr-13 12:54 AM, #2
     Reply Additions, Mort, 09-Apr-13 03:41 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Additions, Club Foot (Anonymous), 10-Apr-13 03:07 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Additions, Mort, 25-Apr-13 11:29 AM, #6
               Reply Confusion is good, if it's what I think, incognito, 27-Apr-13 01:24 PM, #7
     Reply Mule kick., Shapa, 25-Apr-13 09:38 AM, #5

kolbMon 08-Apr-13 05:03 PM
Member since 16th Jul 2007
76 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4060, "RE: Assassin Kicks"
In response to Reply #0

Wheel kick - damage only
Sweep kick - don't think it lags but can drain moves with echo
Side kick - Can lag with echo
Scissor kick - pincer lag, use if you can't throw or trip
Mule kick - feints the one you're not tanking
Crescent kick - chance to disarm
Axe kick - boneshatteresque affect with echo
Mountain storm kick - trip lag, nice damage
Double spin kick - pincer lag, nice damage
Rising phoenix kick - basically a mountain storm kick to everyone you're fighting

Think that's the gist of them.

incognitoTue 09-Apr-13 12:54 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4061, "Scissor kick"
In response to Reply #1

Also increases damage of your next attack.

MortTue 09-Apr-13 03:41 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2006
194 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4062, "Additions"
In response to Reply #1

Sweep kick - pretty sure this lags like trip too if you get the echo; flying opponents only take damage and never get the echo/lag/move loss
Side kick - lags you for 2 rounds if you get no echo, lags you for 3 and your opponent for 2 if you get the echo
Scissor kick - forces your opponent to resting position if it lands; the next hit gets the typical bonus to damage you may get against resting opponents if it isn't parried/dodged/etc.
Mule kick - can be used to open combat against a third party when you're already tanking someone
Axe kick - bone break works only against opponents that are same size or smaller
Rising phoenix kick - if you're blinded, hits only the person you're tanking (i.e. is pretty much the same as mountain storm in that case)

Club Foot (Anonymous)Wed 10-Apr-13 03:07 PM
Charter member
#4064, "RE: Additions"
In response to Reply #3

So axe kick will only maledict with the echo yeh?

And while Im asking what do sleep/confusion darts do?

MortThu 25-Apr-13 11:29 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2006
194 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4079, "RE: Additions"
In response to Reply #4

>So axe kick will only maledict with the echo yeh?
Correct, and you can never get the echo against a larger opponent.

>And while Im asking what do sleep/confusion darts do?
Confusion I never figured out since it seems to have little effect on mobs and darts are rarely worth it in PK, but fully successful sleep darts cause "slow" as in the spell, dropping the victim's melee ability noticeably and makes them unable to do certain moves that can't be done while slowed (backstab, flurry come to mind).

incognitoSat 27-Apr-13 01:24 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4080, "Confusion is good, if it's what I think"
In response to Reply #6

Basically it makes it so that when someone uses a skill, it doesn't necessarily target the person it normally would.

Let's say, for example, that you are hit with a confusion dart. You then want to disarm your opponent. You get a message saying "but he isn't wielding a weapon" because your disarm actually targetted something else in the room.

Assuming that I'm correct in thinking this is what it does (because that's what happened to me once when I was under the influence of one), then it would be good against druids (say) since their sunrays might hit their own treant.

My recollection is it doesn't always do this, but that it can cause it to happen.

ShapaThu 25-Apr-13 09:16 AM
Member since 22nd Jun 2006
252 posts
#4078, "Mule kick."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Thu 25-Apr-13 09:38 AM

This kick is the best way to start the combat with the new enemy when you are already fighting someone. This kick does good damage and lags you sometimes for 1 round and sometimes for 2 rounds.

I think the mule kicks lags you for 2 rounds when it also feints an enemy, but i would prefer the mule kick to always lag you for 1 round and never feint.

So it will become really good strategy sometimes at hero levels to mule kick someone because often assassins are totally useless when they aren't directly fighting their enemies and cannot do their usual tactics - kotegaeshi + kansetsuwaza.

It would make the middle level skill more important at hero levels and will make 1 new little strategy for assassins sometimes.

Axekick, nerve and caltraps are the only methods to really maladact someone whom you cannot kotegaeshi + kansetsuwaza.
But axekick, nerve and caltraps usually don't worth using it when you can kotegaeshi;kansetsuwaza;owaza + throw/lagging kick someone.

But when an assassin isn't using any way to maladact/damage/lag his enemy - then it's going to be really hard for such assassin to win any battle.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4059 Previous topic | Next topic