Subject: "Learning focus?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3468
Show all folders

Crs250Mon 26-Sep-11 11:14 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2011
19 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3468, "Learning focus?"

Returning to the game after a very long break (since the mid 90's) and I had a question on this command.

I was RP'ing with some random group mates as a paladin at rank 2 or 3, and saw a prompt when I leveled that I had not set a focus for skill learning. I've read the help file, and I successfully set my focus, and as I ranked from 4,5,6 I saw the benefits immediately. I'm just trying to work out if I'd see this benefit on any character, if I saw this prompt as a result of rp'ing well enough that an imm noticed, or if this would only benefit an empowerment class?

I'm glad CF has a forum now for these questions, I'd hero'd two characters way back when, and I think I've learned more reading here and the wiki than I did in hundreds of hours on those characters.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TsunamiMon 26-Sep-11 11:22 AM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3469, "Everyone gets it"
In response to Reply #0

Once they have practiced a certain number of skills (I don't know the number). Elves pretty much get it from level 1, but I don't think anyone has to wait beyond level 3 or 4.

IsildurMon 26-Sep-11 12:58 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#3470, "RE: Everyone gets it"
In response to Reply #1

AFAIK you have to have some number of skills (possibly ten) at >= 1% in order for "skill gains at level-up" to start kicking in.

TsunamiMon 26-Sep-11 01:20 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#3472, "AFAIK that is what I just said + a guess."
In response to Reply #2

I bet ten is a pretty close bet.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3468 Previous topic | Next topic