Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectLearning focus?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3468
3468, Learning focus?
Posted by Crs250 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Returning to the game after a very long break (since the mid 90's) and I had a question on this command.

I was RP'ing with some random group mates as a paladin at rank 2 or 3, and saw a prompt when I leveled that I had not set a focus for skill learning. I've read the help file, and I successfully set my focus, and as I ranked from 4,5,6 I saw the benefits immediately. I'm just trying to work out if I'd see this benefit on any character, if I saw this prompt as a result of rp'ing well enough that an imm noticed, or if this would only benefit an empowerment class?

I'm glad CF has a forum now for these questions, I'd hero'd two characters way back when, and I think I've learned more reading here and the wiki than I did in hundreds of hours on those characters.

3469, Everyone gets it
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Once they have practiced a certain number of skills (I don't know the number). Elves pretty much get it from level 1, but I don't think anyone has to wait beyond level 3 or 4.
3470, RE: Everyone gets it
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
AFAIK you have to have some number of skills (possibly ten) at >= 1% in order for "skill gains at level-up" to start kicking in.
3472, AFAIK that is what I just said + a guess.
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I bet ten is a pretty close bet.