Subject: "Empowerment Question" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1129
Show all folders

FY610Mon 30-Jan-06 05:56 PM
Member since 30th Jan 2006
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1129, "Empowerment Question"

While I was grouping with another fellow newbie of mine in the academy in the lower levels (I'm a healer by the way.) My other group member was on low health. I rapidly healed him, when a blue message appeared saying 'Having likely saved the life of an innocent, you feel more confidient in your abilities.' Right after that, I get the message of 'A divine presence has lead you to new experiences!'. I'm a bit confused. I read that the message alone 'A divine presence has lead you to new experiences!' just means you have been rewarded by an imm for RP or a good role and description, but what does the blue message mean? Does it mean I have been empowered by my god if he was watching? Or is that just a sort of reason to give me the bonus xp? Thanks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ValguarneraMon 30-Jan-06 06:24 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1130, "Sometimes a cigar..."
In response to Reply #0

It's a little IC logic for the experience you gained. We like to provide those because it links the reward (the XP) to what you did to earn it. In this case, saving the life of a groupmate who seemed to be quite intent on getting themselves killed.

As a counterexample, if you got XP (and no other info) for an especially spiffy role or description, it would probably seem to you that it came out of thin air. You might have been on for an hour already, and you're off buying pies or killing kobolds, but that's when the staff member started checking. So we encourage people to send a little IC rationale along with the XP, so you say to yourself "Oh. It's for the extra-cool desc. I'll try to stick one of those on all my characters!"

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

NarissaWed 01-Mar-06 10:22 PM
Member since 04th May 2003
279 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1178, "CF has gone a long way"
In response to Reply #1

...since the hack-n-slash environment, where experiences were gained through repeated killing of mobs only. I am glad it has moved towards rewarding the players with RP-related xp, including roles (huge plus IMHO).

Thanks for making CF better.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1129 Previous topic | Next topic