Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectEmpowerment Question
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=1129
1129, Empowerment Question
Posted by FY610 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
While I was grouping with another fellow newbie of mine in the academy in the lower levels (I'm a healer by the way.) My other group member was on low health. I rapidly healed him, when a blue message appeared saying 'Having likely saved the life of an innocent, you feel more confidient in your abilities.' Right after that, I get the message of 'A divine presence has lead you to new experiences!'. I'm a bit confused. I read that the message alone 'A divine presence has lead you to new experiences!' just means you have been rewarded by an imm for RP or a good role and description, but what does the blue message mean? Does it mean I have been empowered by my god if he was watching? Or is that just a sort of reason to give me the bonus xp? Thanks.
1130, Sometimes a cigar...
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's a little IC logic for the experience you gained. We like to provide those because it links the reward (the XP) to what you did to earn it. In this case, saving the life of a groupmate who seemed to be quite intent on getting themselves killed.

As a counterexample, if you got XP (and no other info) for an especially spiffy role or description, it would probably seem to you that it came out of thin air. You might have been on for an hour already, and you're off buying pies or killing kobolds, but that's when the staff member started checking. So we encourage people to send a little IC rationale along with the XP, so you say to yourself "Oh. It's for the extra-cool desc. I'll try to stick one of those on all my characters!"

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
1178, CF has gone a long way
Posted by Narissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...since the hack-n-slash environment, where experiences were gained through repeated killing of mobs only. I am glad it has moved towards rewarding the players with RP-related xp, including roles (huge plus IMHO).

Thanks for making CF better.