Subject: "Anti-Paladin's" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1020
Show all folders

DravelinThu 17-Nov-05 02:49 AM
Member since 25th Mar 2003
14 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1020, "Anti-Paladin's"

If I vault someone with a spear...which in turn is my unholy weapon, and then I change to a sword for melee; and they flee and get away...I then wield my unholy spear again, and they die from bleeding...will I still get a charge if they are worth anything? I was just wondering if I had to wield my unholy throughout the battle to get the charge on that weapon?

Another question is if I have two unholy weapons...and I vault...then wield an unholy blessed sword...and kill them with the sword...will I get the charge or must the charge be with the weapon with initial damage?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Anti-Paladin's, nepenthe, 17-Nov-05 08:19 AM, #1
     Reply Typically?, Laearrist, 17-Nov-05 09:12 AM, #2
     Reply First Rule of Public Relations, Corrlaan, 17-Nov-05 10:43 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Typically?, nepenthe, 17-Nov-05 09:24 PM, #4
     Reply Silly question..., Saith, 18-Nov-05 10:28 PM, #5
          Reply Never can get that link thing right on the offcial...nt, Saith, 18-Nov-05 10:30 PM, #6
          Reply RE: Silly question..., nepenthe, 19-Nov-05 09:21 AM, #7
               Reply RE: Silly question..., appelsien, 19-Nov-05 10:57 AM, #8
               Reply Based on playing Sossaphrin, incognito, 19-Nov-05 12:54 PM, #9
                    Reply RE: Based on playing Sossaphrin, nepenthe, 19-Nov-05 01:27 PM, #10

nepentheThu 17-Nov-05 08:19 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1021, "RE: Anti-Paladin's"
In response to Reply #0

Typically, whatever weapon you have wielded in your primary hand when the killing blow is dealt absorbs the charge (if there is one.)

LaearristThu 17-Nov-05 09:12 AM
289 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1022, "Typically?"
In response to Reply #1

Does that mean there is another option, or just vagueness for the sake of it?

CorrlaanThu 17-Nov-05 10:43 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2005
195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1023, "First Rule of Public Relations"
In response to Reply #2

Don't ever back yourself into a corner....If there is even the slimmest chance of a different outcome. Allow for it.

Corrlaan followers are NICE. With a capital NICE!

nepentheThu 17-Nov-05 09:24 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1026, "RE: Typically?"
In response to Reply #2

It means I wasn't 100% sure there wasn't an exception to that rule.

SaithFri 18-Nov-05 10:28 PM
Member since 28th Feb 2005
144 posts
#1033, "Silly question..."
In response to Reply #1

I check the <a href="http://www.carrionfields.org/display.html?hid=689&osea=unholy">Unholy blessing</a> helpfile but was curious, don't the AP have to be in the same room when they die to get the charge?

I know it's a silly question and seems pretty obvious, but just wanted to make sure due to his 'death by bleeding' question.

"Then hunger proved more powerful than grief." - Count Ugolino and the Tower of Hunger

SaithFri 18-Nov-05 10:30 PM
Member since 28th Feb 2005
144 posts
#1034, "Never can get that link thing right on the offcial...nt"
In response to Reply #5

nt

"Then hunger proved more powerful than grief." - Count Ugolino and the Tower of Hunger

nepentheSat 19-Nov-05 09:21 AM
3430 posts
#1035, "RE: Silly question..."
In response to Reply #5

I don't think they need to be.

It's been a long time since I've played an A-P that threw a lot of malediction, so I may be wrong.

appelsienSat 19-Nov-05 10:57 AM
Member since 08th Jun 2004
108 posts
#1036, "RE: Silly question..."
In response to Reply #7

' It's been a long time since I've played an A-P that threw a lot of malediction '

Ahh, thank you. I knew this approach had merit to it.

incognitoSat 19-Nov-05 12:54 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1037, "Based on playing Sossaphrin"
In response to Reply #7

You don't have to be in a room to get a charge.

I do believe, however, that if you change to a non-unholy (or maybe even another unholy), and the enemy dies to spear bleeding, you may not get the charge. I am pretty sure I recall not getting a charge when I swapped to a sword and they then died to bleeding. Might have been because I wasn't holding the spear when they died though.

nepentheSat 19-Nov-05 01:27 PM
3430 posts
#1038, "RE: Based on playing Sossaphrin"
In response to Reply #9

That sounds correct to me.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1020 Previous topic | Next topic