Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectAnti-Paladin's
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=1020
1020, Anti-Paladin's
Posted by Dravelin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If I vault someone with a spear...which in turn is my unholy weapon, and then I change to a sword for melee; and they flee and get away...I then wield my unholy spear again, and they die from bleeding...will I still get a charge if they are worth anything? I was just wondering if I had to wield my unholy throughout the battle to get the charge on that weapon?

Another question is if I have two unholy weapons...and I vault...then wield an unholy blessed sword...and kill them with the sword...will I get the charge or must the charge be with the weapon with initial damage?
1021, RE: Anti-Paladin's
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Typically, whatever weapon you have wielded in your primary hand when the killing blow is dealt absorbs the charge (if there is one.)
1022, Typically?
Posted by Laearrist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Does that mean there is another option, or just vagueness for the sake of it?
1023, First Rule of Public Relations
Posted by Corrlaan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't ever back yourself into a corner....If there is even the slimmest chance of a different outcome. Allow for it.

1026, RE: Typically?
It means I wasn't 100% sure there wasn't an exception to that rule.
1033, Silly question...
Posted by Saith on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I check the <a href="http://www.carrionfields.org/display.html?hid=689&osea=unholy">Unholy blessing</a> helpfile but was curious, don't the AP have to be in the same room when they die to get the charge?

I know it's a silly question and seems pretty obvious, but just wanted to make sure due to his 'death by bleeding' question.

1034, Never can get that link thing right on the offcial...nt
Posted by Saith on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
1035, RE: Silly question...
I don't think they need to be.

It's been a long time since I've played an A-P that threw a lot of malediction, so I may be wrong.
1036, RE: Silly question...
Posted by appelsien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
' It's been a long time since I've played an A-P that threw a lot of malediction '

Ahh, thank you. I knew this approach had merit to it.

1037, Based on playing Sossaphrin
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You don't have to be in a room to get a charge.

I do believe, however, that if you change to a non-unholy (or maybe even another unholy), and the enemy dies to spear bleeding, you may not get the charge. I am pretty sure I recall not getting a charge when I swapped to a sword and they then died to bleeding. Might have been because I wasn't holding the spear when they died though.
1038, RE: Based on playing Sossaphrin
That sounds correct to me.