Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Lukao the Master of Changelings, Worth..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97884
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 15-Mar-11 01:44 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97884, "(DELETED) [None] Lukao the Master of Changelings, Worthless Refuse of the Spire"

Tue Mar 15 13:42:47 2011

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Lukao perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:47
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:43

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I sent you a tell as Eck, but you never responded..., Homard, 15-Mar-11 03:27 PM, #3
Reply But equally, incognito, 16-Mar-11 01:45 PM, #4
Reply Did the Forum censor "####" but not "pussies"? Or did y..., TJHuron, 16-Mar-11 03:14 PM, #6
     Reply It did! Heheh... nt, TJHuron, 16-Mar-11 03:15 PM, #7
Reply Well, Someone who saw the same thing (Anonymous), 16-Mar-11 01:51 PM, #5
     Reply That's a bit of a different story., Homard, 16-Mar-11 04:33 PM, #8
          Reply Personally I'd hand him a cheap detect invis prep., An Invisible Guy (Anonymous), 16-Mar-11 04:53 PM, #9
               Reply Devious!, Homard, 16-Mar-11 05:52 PM, #10
Reply That's a harsh title, Tsunami, 15-Mar-11 01:45 PM, #1
     Reply RE: That's a harsh title, Someone Else (Anonymous), 15-Mar-11 02:16 PM, #2

HomardTue 15-Mar-11 03:27 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97889, "I sent you a tell as Eck, but you never responded..."
In response to Reply #0

You wrote a note to The Village about how some such person had gone to learn with you and then killed you. I'm not even sure that person went on to become an Applicant. They hadn't spoken to Tahren yet immediately after I read you note, at least.

Anyway, I wanted to explain something to you that is very clearly spelled out in the literature on warfare that is available in The Village.

Namely: All warfare is based upon deception. The enemy must never know your true strength or disposition, your capabilities or your actions, your intentions or your movements.

But also: It thus stands to reason that victory comes through foreknowledge of the enemy's actions and movements, his strengths and capabilities.

And finally: Attacking by surprise is the secret to success. But always be flexible in strategy; war is unpredictable.

The Village is about destroying magic, courage, and warcraft. It's not, despite popular opinion, about honor.

I wish I could have conveyed this to you IC, but you didn't respond and then you were in form the next two times I tried to get to you.

incognitoWed 16-Mar-11 01:45 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97895, "But equally"
In response to Reply #3

I don't think it could ever say "A good tactic is to ask a mage to group, run him out of moves, then bash him".

It's always a #### move, and the village shouldn't want pussies.

TJHuronWed 16-Mar-11 03:14 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97897, "Did the Forum censor "####" but not "pussies"? Or did y..."
In response to Reply #4

nt

TJHuronWed 16-Mar-11 03:15 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97898, "It did! Heheh... nt"
In response to Reply #6

nt

Someone who saw the same thing (Anonymous)Wed 16-Mar-11 01:51 PM
Charter member
#97896, "Well"
In response to Reply #3

When a certain current berserker was running around grouped with mages for RL hours then suddenly attacks them, and a day after that is a village applicant and two days after that a berserker, it just screams weak sauce.

HomardWed 16-Mar-11 04:33 PM
959 posts
#97899, "That's a bit of a different story."
In response to Reply #5

Using mages to learn and then turning on them is pretty ####ty, there's no two ways about that.

But I don't have a problem if a mage is all "gropu?" and then you bash them down when they vis in Darsylon. If a mage is particulary skeptical, there are ways, IC, to determine whether or not a character is an applicant applicant (as I call them.)

But the occasional note that reads along the lines of "Bumlick the Duergar is not honorable! He stabbed my face after I asked him to travel." leads me to 1. The Book in The War Room and 2. Help Duergar.

An Invisible Guy (Anonymous)Wed 16-Mar-11 04:53 PM
Charter member
#97900, "Personally I'd hand him a cheap detect invis prep."
In response to Reply #8

If I was genuinely suspicious I'd go 'Here, I'll follow. Eat this so you can see me and our enemies.'

If he says 'Too full.' I'm probably going to leave anyway and go back to questing or scavenging for gear/money.

HomardWed 16-Mar-11 05:52 PM
959 posts
#97901, "Devious!"
In response to Reply #9

But yes, that's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about.

Much better than the "If you're a cop you have to tell me," line that every single prostitute who has ever gotten into an undercover police car on COPS uses.

TsunamiTue 15-Mar-11 01:45 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#97885, "That's a harsh title"
In response to Reply #0

What did you do?

I want some negative titles so I can act them out in game.

Someone Else (Anonymous)Tue 15-Mar-11 02:16 PM
Charter member
#97886, "RE: That's a harsh title"
In response to Reply #1

He was a Magistrate in Seantryn, gave a warrant to another (invoker) Magistrate of Seantryn, I assume because the invoker was practicing spells in his guild. At least, that's the part I saw

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97884 Previous topic | Next topic