Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Lukao the Master of Changelings, Worthless Refuse of the Spire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=97884
97884, (DELETED) [None] Lukao the Master of Changelings, Worthless Refuse of the Spire
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Mar 15 13:42:47 2011

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Lukao perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:47
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:43
97889, I sent you a tell as Eck, but you never responded...
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You wrote a note to The Village about how some such person had gone to learn with you and then killed you. I'm not even sure that person went on to become an Applicant. They hadn't spoken to Tahren yet immediately after I read you note, at least.

Anyway, I wanted to explain something to you that is very clearly spelled out in the literature on warfare that is available in The Village.

Namely: All warfare is based upon deception. The enemy must never know your true strength or disposition, your capabilities or your actions, your intentions or your movements.

But also: It thus stands to reason that victory comes through foreknowledge of the enemy's actions and movements, his strengths and capabilities.

And finally: Attacking by surprise is the secret to success. But always be flexible in strategy; war is unpredictable.

The Village is about destroying magic, courage, and warcraft. It's not, despite popular opinion, about honor.

I wish I could have conveyed this to you IC, but you didn't respond and then you were in form the next two times I tried to get to you.
97895, But equally
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't think it could ever say "A good tactic is to ask a mage to group, run him out of moves, then bash him".

It's always a #### move, and the village shouldn't want pussies.
97897, Did the Forum censor "####" but not "pussies"? Or did you use a different word? nt
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
97898, It did! Heheh... nt
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
97896, Well
Posted by Someone who saw the same thing on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When a certain current berserker was running around grouped with mages for RL hours then suddenly attacks them, and a day after that is a village applicant and two days after that a berserker, it just screams weak sauce.
97899, That's a bit of a different story.
Using mages to learn and then turning on them is pretty ####ty, there's no two ways about that.

But I don't have a problem if a mage is all "gropu?" and then you bash them down when they vis in Darsylon. If a mage is particulary skeptical, there are ways, IC, to determine whether or not a character is an applicant applicant (as I call them.)

But the occasional note that reads along the lines of "Bumlick the Duergar is not honorable! He stabbed my face after I asked him to travel." leads me to 1. The Book in The War Room and 2. Help Duergar.
97900, Personally I'd hand him a cheap detect invis prep.
Posted by An Invisible Guy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If I was genuinely suspicious I'd go 'Here, I'll follow. Eat this so you can see me and our enemies.'

If he says 'Too full.' I'm probably going to leave anyway and go back to questing or scavenging for gear/money.
97901, Devious!
But yes, that's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about.

Much better than the "If you're a cop you have to tell me," line that every single prostitute who has ever gotten into an undercover police car on COPS uses.
97885, That's a harsh title
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What did you do?

I want some negative titles so I can act them out in game.
97886, RE: That's a harsh title
Posted by Someone Else on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He was a Magistrate in Seantryn, gave a warrant to another (invoker) Magistrate of Seantryn, I assume because the invoker was practicing spells in his guild. At least, that's the part I saw :)